Dr Tamer Elboghdadly
Dr Tamer Elboghdadly is a Senior Lecturer in Computer Science at the School of Computing, University of Portsmouth. He is a member of the Logistics, Operational research, analytics and computational intelligence research groups. He received his PhD in computing from the University of Portsmouth. He has more than twenty years of experience in both higher education and industry with several successful projects.
Previously, He worked as Head of Information Technology in the Mediterranean Memorandum of Understanding on Port State Control (MedMoU). He has experience in the Maritime field systems (Scheduling, Navigation, Inspections, Simulators and Security), software programming in numerous programming languages, web developments and databases. He managed the annual international maritime conferences around the Mediterranean countries for seven years. He is Oracle Database Administrator Certified (OCP-DBA) and a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
Areas of interest:
- Combinatorial Optimization and Modelling.
- Operational Research and Logistics.
- Maritime Logistics, Terminal Operations and Maritime Systems.
- Decision Support Systems.
- Supply Chain Management.
- Web project management
Dr Tamer Elboghdadly taught different computing modules such as Database, software programming, Computer Architecture, Web development, Internet of Things and network. Currently, He is teaching and supervising undergraduate and postgraduate students. He is the module coordinator for the following modules:
- WEB PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGEMENT (M30212) for MSC.
- INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTER ESSENTIALS (M25765) for BSC-Level 4.
- OPERATING SYSTEMS AND INTERNETWORKING (M30233) for BSC-Level 5.