Sociology And Social Theory Research Group
Research interests of group members are wide-ranging and located in the disciplinary field of sociology and the interdisciplinary domain of social theory.
Areas in which members of the group have internationally recognized expertise and supervisory interests include:
- classical and contemporary social and cultural theory;
- culture, class, taste and aesthetics;
- eating, food, and drink;
- economic life, work, and employment;
- emotions, happiness and wellbeing;
- gender, sexuality, and identity;
- globalization, inequality and protest movements;
- race, ethnicity, citizenship, and nationalism;
- the cultural economy of sport;
- violence, war, militarism, and the body;
- consumption and the environment.