student on phone

you'Ve got your grades: what's next?

Find out what you need to do (and when), once your exam results are in the bag

Coronavirus information for students

Things will be a little different in 2020/21. We've put new safety measures in place across campus and have plenty of guidance on how to stay safe and what to do if you or someone you live with comes into contact with coronavirus.

See our coronavirus information for students to find out what to expect when you get here.

If you’re going to uni from school or college, you’ll probably need to wait for your exam results before you can confirm your uni place.

How we get your results

You won’t be the only person excited about your results come results day – we’ll also be waiting to find out how well you’ve done.

UCAS sends us results for most types of qualifications as soon as they’re available. So you usually don’t have to do anything when you get your results if you applied through UCAS.

If you do need to send us your results because you applied to us directly or UCAS can’t send them to us, please email copies to For courses that start in the autumn, you’ll need to send us your results by 31 August – contact us if you won’t get your results in time.

If you get the results you need

If we’re your firm (first) choice uni and you got the exam results you need, well done! We’ll send you a confirmation email and welcome pack, which contains all the information you need to join us. You can then start planning your arrival.

If we’re your insurance (back up) choice and you didn’t get into your firm (first) choice uni, we’ll automatically become your firm choice if you got the results you need to come here.

If you didn’t get the results you need

If we’re your firm (first) choice uni and you didn’t get the results you need, don’t worry – we’ll review your application again and may still offer you a place on your chosen course.

If we can’t give you a place on your chosen course, we may offer a place on an alternative course. This won’t always be related to the course you applied for. But it will be based on a subject area you’ve studied before.

If you applied through UCAS, you can accept or decline your alternative course offer on UCAS Track. If you applied to us directly, contact us to let us know your decision.

If you decline an offer of an alternative course and you applied through UCAS, you’ll either be accepted onto your insurance choice or entered into Clearing.

Changing your mind about a gap year (deferred entry) 

If you’ve applied for deferred entry but want to start uni this year, contact us. You may be able to start this year if there are spaces on your course.

If you want to defer your place to next year, contact us to find out if the course you’re applying for accepts deferred entry.

This site uses cookies. Click here to view our cookie policy message.

Accept and close