Mode of StudyPart-time
Start dateJanuary 2024
If you're a qualified dental nurse or dental technician without a science based level 3 qualification, this 23-week programme provides an entry route onto our BSc (Hons) Dental Hygiene and Dental Therapy or BSc (Hons) Dental Hygiene degree courses. You'll choose your preferred progressions route before you start the course.
On this campus-based, part-time course you'll cover core topics in anatomy and physiology and prepare yourself for higher education study at our Dental Academy.
- Mode of study: Direct contact, on-campus, part-time, 1 day a week
- Duration: 23 weeks
- Start and end dates: January 2023
On this course you'll:
- Access University campus facilities
- Plan and develop your career
- Learn from approachable lecturers with practical experience
- Work with experienced tutors
- Meet BSc Dental Academy students
- Introduction to biology
- Biology body systems
- Learning skills
- Evidence-based practice
The short course is one day per week spent in lectures, seminars and group work. On this course you will:
- develop your understanding of essential facts, concepts, principles and theories related to the above subjects
- have opportunities for integration into UPDA
- develop your critical, analytical, research and communication skills
- prepare you for level 4 (degree) study and progression
- develop the skills necessary for life-long independent learning
How you're assessed
You'll be assessed through:
- written assignments
- reflective reports
Dental Development Programme entry requirements
Qualifications or experience
- Applicants must have a recognised Dental Nursing or Dental Technician qualification and registration with the General Dental Council, with evidence of continual professional development.
- All shortlisted applicants will need to attend an interview.
- All successful applicants will be asked to complete confidential occupational health, immunisation, and disclosure and barring service checks.
English language requirements
- English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 7.0 with no component score below 6.5.
We also accept other standard English tests and qualifications, as long as they meet the minimum requirements of your course.
If you don't meet the English language requirements yet, you can achieve the level you need by successfully completing a pre-sessional English programme before you start your course.
Funding your studies
Applying from outside the UK? Find out about funding options for international students.
Apply for this course using our online application forms:
- January 2023 — Sorry, this intake is fully booked. Please contact us using the form below if you’d like to be notified if a place becomes available or new course dates are added.
- January 2024
Get in touch
Find out more about this course by contacting us below.