If you’re from Brunei and interested in studying in the UK, the University of Portsmouth is a great place to take your ambition overseas. And if you’re ready to take the next step, we’re ready to help you get here.
On this page, you'll find information about where you can meet us in your region, what you need to do to apply for a course with us and contact details for our people in your area.
Entry requirements for students from Brunei
If you're joining us from Brunei, the entry requirements you need to meet will depend on the course you want to study.
We consider all applications we receive. However, to make sure you get the most out of your time studying with us and have the best chance of applying successfully, we recommend the following minimum qualifications:
If you have a minimum of 5 GCSEs including English at Grade C or above, you'll usually need to do a foundation year before doing an undergraduate course such as a Bachelor's degree.
We recommend you take a foundation course at our associated college International College Portsmouth (ICP).
If you have studied relevant subjects and achieved strong grades, we'll consider you for admission onto an undergraduate course with one of the following:
- A minimum of 3 A levels, based on UCAS tariff point equivalency, including subject-specific requirements where appropriate
- Matriculation Certificate. This will be based on similar A level tariff point equivalency, including subject-specific requirements where appropriate
- Successful completion of a recognised foundation programme
- A Higher National Diploma may be considered for advanced entry onto a relevant undergraduate degree programme
- Please check your specific course page to find the exact number of points needed. Your A level grades should equal or exceed the total points required. You can use the UCAS Tariff Calculator to work out your total points.
- Some courses will require you to have studied specific subjects at A level. For example, to study a science course you will usually need to have achieved passing grades in scientific subjects at A level.
- A level points: A* = 56 A = 48 B = 40 C = 32 D = 24.
- Most courses will require between 24 and 31 points in the International Baccalaureate (IB), depending on the degree you apply for.
You may be able to join an undergraduate course with other qualifications. We do consider qualifications from a range of sources. Contact us to find out more.
For entry to our postgraduate Master's programmes, you'll usually need to have a good Bachelor's degree with at least 2nd Class Honours, depending on the course you're applying for.All applications are considered individually and certain courses may accept students onto a Masters programme with a lower level degree if they have relevant work experience. Please see our courses for more details.
If you don't meet the postgraduate entry requirements, you can do a pre-Master's programme at International College Portsmouth (ICP) for many of our courses.
We'll consider you for a PhD if you have a good Master’s degree and submit a research proposal.
English language requirements
When you join us, it’s important that you can speak and understand English to the level that your course requires. You can see which tests we recognise and specific English language requirements will be on your chosen course page.
We accept a Grade C or above in English on the Brunei / Cambridge GCE O level, IELTS, IGCSE and several other certificates, but don’t worry if you're currently short of the standard required – we offer English Language Programmes that will get you to the necessary level.
What to do next
Our Global Officers are experts in helping students from Brunei, like you, to apply to join us. Whatever you want to know, just ask.
Scholarships and Bursaries
As a student from Brunei, you can apply for various scholarships and bursaries, including the International Alumni Referral Award and Chevening Scholarship. You can find more information about these on our funding page.
Representatives and agents
If you want to learn more about studying with us or you want help with your application, you can contact our South East Asia Office in Kuala Lumpur.
Alternatively, you can contact one of our official representatives in Brunei:
Agents in Brunei by city
B Lau EducationUnit 10, 1st Floor
Abdul Razak Complex Gadong
Bandar Seri Begawan BE 3519
Tel: (+673) 245-1038
James Hon Marketing and Management
Findlay (B) Sdn. Bhn.E2, First Floor
Abdul Razak Complex
Bandar Seri Begawan BE3519
MEG Educational ServicesUnit 4
Bandar Seri Begawan
Tel: (+673) 265-0033 / (+673) 862-8377
HRD Services Global Education Link
Events in Brunei
We don't have any current events planned in Brunei, but we do plan regular events so check back here often for more information.
You can also contact our staff for support, or speak to an agent in your region for more assistance.