On this page, you'll find information about where you can meet us in your region, what you need to do to apply for a course with us and contact details for our people in your area.
Entry requirements for students from Egypt
If you're joining us from Egypt, the entry requirements you need to meet will depend on the course you want to study.
We consider all applications we receive. However, to make sure you get the most out of your time studying with us and have the best chance of applying successfully, we recommend the following minimum qualifications:
You'll usually need to do a foundation year before doing an undergraduate course such as a Bachelor's degree. For entry onto a foundation course you will need to have passed the Tawjihiyah / Thanawiya amma and have completed the General Secondary Education Certificate.
We recommend you take a foundation course at our associated college International College Portsmouth (ICP).
To be considered for direct entry onto year 1 of an undergraduate programme, you will need at least one of the following:
- To have passed a recognised foundation programme
- SAT and APTs (SAT with a combined score of around 1150, plus minimum of 3 APs from Group A subjects with grades above 3)
- A levels or the International Baccalaureate
Students with a Higher National Diploma (HND) or a Higher Diploma will also be considered for advanced entry onto a subject-relevant undergraduate programme.
You can also apply with:
- Please check your specific course page to find the exact number of points needed. Your A level grades should equal or exceed the total points required. You can use the UCAS Tariff Calculator to work out your total points.
- Some courses will require you to have studied specific subjects at A level. For example, to study a science course you will usually need to have achieved passing grades in scientific subjects at A level.
- A level points: A* = 56 A = 48 B = 40 C = 32 D = 24.
- Most courses will require between 24 and 31 points in the International Baccalaureate (IB), depending on the degree you apply for.
If you have a High National Diploma (HND) or Higher Diploma you can apply for advanced entry onto a relevant undergraduate programme. You may be able to join an undergraduate course with other qualifications. We do consider qualifications from a range of sources. Contact us to find out more.
For entry to our postgraduate Master's programmes, you'll usually need a Bachelor's degree from a recognised university in Egypt.
Typical minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) requirements:
- From 2.8 on a scale of 1-4
- From 7 on a scale of 1-10
If you studied at the American University of Cairo, you will usually need a GPA of at least 2.8/4.0.
If you studied at the British University of Egypt, you will usually need to have a first or second class Honours degree.
If you don't meet the postgraduate entry requirements, you can do a pre-Master's programme at International College Portsmouth (ICP) for many of our courses.
We'll consider you for a PhD if you have a good Master’s degree and submit a research proposal.
English language requirements
When you join us, it’s important that you can speak and understand English to the level that your course requires. The specific English language requirements will be on your chosen course page.
We accept IELTS, IGCSE and several other certificates, but don’t worry if you're currently short of the standard required – we offer English Language Programmes that will get you to the necessary level.
What to do next
Our Global Officers are experts in helping students from Egypt, like you, to apply to join us. Whatever you want to know, just ask.
Scholarships and Bursaries
As a student from Egypt, you can apply for various scholarships and bursaries, including the International Alumni Referral Award, PassPort Bursary and Chevening Scholarship. You can find more information about these on our funding page.
Representatives and agents
If you want to learn more about studying with us or you want help with your application, contact one of our official representatives in Egypt:
Building 4, Floor 4, Regus Offices
El Sheikh Zayed, Plot 31
In front of Zayed 2000 Compound,
Giza, 11728, Egypt
Phone: (+201) 061-455-551
You can also contact us, or speak to an agent in your region for more assistance.