Enter our Cisco Networking Academy, where you’ll learn to design, implement and manage networks of computing devices and the Internet of Things (IoT) for an ever-growing range of applications.
On this hands-on course, you’ll use the latest Cisco study materials and equipment to prepare for the Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA) industrial certification with our accredited Cisco instructors. You’ll learn the principles of building and managing networks for fast, secure and reliable use, whether in small home systems or enterprise networks.
As global industries and modern businesses rely on networks of increasing scale and complexity, there’s a growing demand for networking professionals. Your CCNA qualification shows your aptitude for careers as a network administrator, designer, engineer or analyst, and shows you have the problem solving, organisational, troubleshooting, and analytical skills important in both industry and academia.
A career in networking means you’ll be contributing to the new connected ways in which we work, learn, create, enjoy, and pursue our dreams. It means that when the world sees future developments in cloud computing, smart homes, and mobile healthcare, or new global challenges – like the recent pandemic – you could be at the forefront of shaping our responses.
- Mode of study: Blended learning, with in-person practical labs, online instructor-led support sessions and comprehensive online self-study resources
- Three modules:
- Introduction to Networks (CCNA1)
- Routing, Switching and Wireless Essentials (CCNA2)
- Enterprise Networks, Security and Automation (CCNA3)
- Duration: 10 weeks
- £360 per module
What You'll Experience
On this short course, you'll:
- Gain an understanding of modern computer networking technologies and practices that are essential for becoming a successful networking professional
- Prepare for Cisco’s CCNA industrial certifications – and get a discount on the cost of the certification exam, if you earn a merit on this programme
- Get hands-on experience with the latest Cisco equipment and software, as you work with qualified Cisco instructors in our Cisco Networking Academy
- Build your skills for a career in information technologies, in roles such as network administrator, network designer, network engineer or network analyst, and lay the groundwork for further qualifications
Whether you're topping up existing knowledge, looking to accelerate your career by learning new skills, or want to work towards a professional qualification at work, short courses are a great option.
This course uses blended learning methods, which means you’ll attend online support sessions and in-person practical labs. Teaching takes place in late afternoons/evenings on weekdays.
If you can’t make it to your in-person lab, it’s also possible to complete most of your practical exercises in a high-fidelity network simulation environment. But gaining hands-on lab experience on the actual Cisco equipment is highly recommended.
Topics you’ll cover include:
- essentials of the modern computer networks
- network switching, routing, and wireless essentials
- enterprise networking, security and automation
- network operation and troubleshooting
- hands-on problem solving and collaboration
The course is assessed via a computer-based examination and a set practical exercise.
You’ll be encouraged to take regular quizzes, topic examinations, and practice assessments in preparation for the formal assessments. All informal assessments provide detailed feedback.
Access to this course is open to all, subject to the approval of the course leader. You should have an interest in computing, networking and infrastructure – you’ll find it helpful if you’ve had previous experience with these technologies, but it’s not necessary.
How to Book
Get in Touch
Find out more about this course by contacting us below.