This refresher course is for dentists, dental hygienists and dental therapists who would like to learn how to plan and carry out non-surgical periodontal treatment.
On this short course, you'll improve your skills and confidence when managing the periodontal patient within a primary care setting, focusing on treatment planning. The course combines theory with practice, where you'll learn to effectively plan, treat and manage periodontal cases.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Duration: 6 hours, (9.00am–4.45pm)
- Location: Dental Academy, William Beatty Building, Hampshire Terrace, Portsmouth, PO1 2QG
- Course dates:
- 27 October 2023
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll:
- Learn to deliver effective periodontal care to patients in practice
- Discover how to overcome some of the obstacles to non-surgical treatment of cases in the primary care setting
- Revisit your skills on motivating and inspiring patients towards better periodontal health using behavioural change methods
- Consider how the assessment of risk factors in patients with periodontal disease may affect clinical management
- Explain non-surgical periodontal principles and how to utilise skill mix in the management of periodontal disease
- Discuss the importance of minimising dental plaque biofilms for oral and dental disease, and the motivational aspects of treatment
- Develop a further understanding of periodontal treatment outcomes and maintenance care for patients
- Discuss treatment approaches and selection criteria for referral of patients in need of periodontal treatment in a secondary care setting
You'll be taught by the following dental care professionals and gain hands-on experience in our newly refurbished Phantom Head lab.
- Laura McClune – Dental Care Professional Teaching Fellow, University of Portsmouth Dental Academy
- Debbie Withers – Senior Dental Care Professional Teaching Fellow, University of Portsmouth Dental Academy
This course is for dentists, dental hygienists and dental therapists.
How to book
Get in touch
Find out more about this course by contacting us below.