The Architecture Studios are located over 3 floors in Eldon Building, the home of our Faculty of Creative and Cultural Industries (CCI). The studios have 10 open-plan, flexible learning spaces, where students engage in tutored learning, and individual and group work.
Multiple 'studios' or groups use these spaces at the same time, and they're designed to encourage a studio culture of collaboration, creativity and dialogue in the design process.
The studios are also used as a large exhibition area for student work during the annual Graduate Show.
You'll use the studios if you study one of these courses:
Equipment and amenities
- 3D printers so that you can produce scale models of buildings or parts of buildings from your designs
- Computer-aided design tools – such as Autodesk Revit – for building information modelling (BIM), which uses digital images to show physical and functional characteristics
- Software applications like Insight and Grasshopper with Ladybug – to assess a building's energy performance and environmental impact
- Open-access PCs and printers
- Wall-mounted digital screens for presentations
- Storage space for models and course materials
- Open work areas, informal social spaces and kitchen facilities for a comfortable study environment