A space to design, plan, and create
Location: Eldon Building
The Architecture Studios are located over three floors in Eldon Building, the home of our Faculty of Creative and Cultural Industries (CCI). The studios are large open-plan, flexible learning spaces, where students engage in tutored learning and individual and group work.
Multiple 'studios' or groups use these spaces, and they're designed to encourage a studio culture of collaboration, creativity, and dialogue in the design process. They have zones for quiet working, research, and access to computers and informal group spaces.
The studios are also used as a large exhibition area for student work during the annual Graduate Show.
Explore our Architecture Studios
Equipment and amenities
- 3D printers, for producing scale models of buildings or parts of buildings from your designs
- Computer-aided design (CAD) tools—such as Autodesk Revit and Rhino—for building information modelling (BIM), which uses digital images to show physical and functional characteristics
- Software applications like Insight and Grasshopper with Ladybug—to assess a building's energy performance and environmental impact
- Open-access PCs and printers
- Wall-mounted digital screens for presentations
- Storage space for models and course materials
- Open work areas, informal social spaces and kitchen facilities for a comfortable study environment
Our Workshops are ideal for model-making, with high-grade kit for crafting wood, metal, plastics, polyurethane, concrete and plaster works.
Virtual Reality Lab
Our VR lab boasts the latest immersive and interactive technologies used by the ever-evolving VR industry.
Photography studios and darkrooms
Our extensive photography facilities allow students to put learning into practice and get creative using high-end professional equipment.