Our adaptive facility is used by civil engineering, construction management and surveying students for projects, group workshops, design and modelling.
The Design Studio and Modelling Workshop are two separate but connected spaces.
The Design Studio encourages interactive learning with a flexible teaching and training layout. The Studio has round tables, adjustable chairs and retractable room dividing screens.
The Modelling Workshop is used extensively by undergraduates for model building and poster design. It's also the base for second year students taking part in the Engineers Without Borders UK challenge to develop engineering solutions, and to construct and test scaled models of their sustainable designs.
Equipment and facilities
- 60 laptops (loaned out exclusively to students for academic use while on campus)
- Networked presentation media
- Integrated AV projection systems that can be operated independently or centrally from one workstation
- Dedicated model-making workshop
- Refitted modelling room for taking photographs
- Flexible workbenches
- Store rooms where students carry out model building and large format poster design