Our four digital language laboratories offer a rich, multimedia language-learning environment where video, sound, text and internet sources can be integrated and manipulated on screen.
The software in our labs makes studying more interesting, and helps our students learn faster and better. It also enables our lecturers to engage with students in real-time learning activities that combine the four major language skills – listening, speaking, reading and writing.
The laboratories are used by students on degree courses including:
- BA (Hons) Applied Languages
- BA (Hons) Modern Languages
- BA (Hons) Language Studies
- BA (Hons) International Development and Languages.
The facility is also used by any students studying English as a foreign language – so whatever their course, students will have the opportunity to work with technology and develop their listening and comprehension skills.
- AVIDAnet Live’s language lab software – provides lecturers with the tools to manage, deliver and monitor live classes in an easy and secure way
- Sonus Digital media recorders – 2-track media players and recorders that can be used on their own or with the AVIDAnet Language Lab for tutor-led activities or independent self-study