The 3rd Space
The 3rd Space is a communal social and learning space where students can relax, meet with friends and work together in a casual environment. It's located on the second floor of the Student's Union building.
Students can work in inflatable study pods, collaborate on group projects, grab a barista-made coffee from our in-house café downstairs or just connect to the wifi and chill out by the couches. There's a community noticeboard to keep up-to-date with news, events and opportunities from around the campus, and a live events space with 2 projectors and stage lighting rig.
We regularly clear the space out for community events, including:
- Global Week — a celebration of worldwide culture and friendship at our University and in the community
- Feel Good Fest — supporting staff and student wellbeing with free food, fun and activities
- Nerdvana — a 24-hour game and film fest in partnership with retro gaming café Game Over
- Events run by our student-led clubs and societies
Our light and airy 3rd Space is a communal social and learning space where students can work and relax in a casual environment
Equipment and rooms
- Laptop loan service with 30 laptops
- 4 study pods than can be shifted around the open plan space
- Communal spaces with couches and coffee tables
- Picnic benches and deck chairs for a chill area
- Plenty of desks for group study and University club and society events
- Community notice board with details of clubs, news and events
- Bookable live performance space with lighting rig and projector
- Free access printing with 2 printers
- Downstairs café serving coffee, tea, hot and cold food
The 3rd Space is open from 8.00am to midnight every day during term-time.
If your group, club or society is interested in hiring out the space for events please contact email@example.com.
Where to find us
The 3rd Space
1st Floor, University of Portsmouth Students' Union