I am a marine ecologist whose expertise lies in investigating the effects of humans on aquatic organisms through pollution and exploitation. Research interests include the role of conservation in protecting benthic habitats and the effects of pollutants on benthic systems using polychaete models. Other areas include aquaculture of invertebrates for the marine aquarium trade and the environmental and endocrine control of reproduction in marine invertebrates.
- Environmental and endocrine control of reproduction in marine invertebrates
- Effects human impacts (bait collection) on benthic systems
- The role of chemical signalling in marine invertebrates
- The marine aquarium trade
Current PhD Research Topics
- Effects of chronic exposure of industrial chemicals on invertebrates
- Evaluating the effectiveness of marine conservation
For further detail on current projects, please see my lab page.