Dr Mojtaba Ghodsi
I joined the University of Portsmouth as a Senior Lecturer of Instrumentation, and Measurement Systems at the School of Energy & Electronic Engineering in January 2020. I obtained a BSc in Mechanical Engineering from Isfahan University of Technology (1999), an MSc in Mechatronics Engineering from Tehran Polytechnic University (2002), and a Ph.D. in Precision Engineering from the University of Tokyo (2007), supported by a Japanese Monbusho scholarship. In 2007, the Japan Society of Promotion of Science (JSPS) awarded me a post-doctoral fellowship. I continued my academic career at Sultan Qaboos University in Oman up to 2019. My main research interests include smart materials and structures, actuators, sensors, energy harvesting, NDT, and the development of mechatronics systems and devices.
- Development of Gasoline Direct Injector Using Magnetostrictive Material
- Development of Novel Microscale Torsional Actuator
- Development of Maglev Using High-Temperature Superconductors
- Development of Ultrasonic Probe using Magnetostrictive for NDT
- High-Frequency Force Senor Using Magnetostrictive Material
- Design, Manufacture, and Control of Linear Direct-Drive Motor
- Development of 30 kVA Induction Heater
- Development of Micron-Watt Magnetostrictive Harvester for Harsh Environment
- Principal Investigator of Internal Research Grant, Mojtaba Ghodsi, “Design and Fabrication of Self-Sensing Magnetostrictive Transducer for Non-Destructive Evaluation” 2015, £15,600.
- Principal Investigator of joint research collaboration between SQU and UAEU, Mojtaba Ghodsi “Development of Energy Harvesting System for Vibrational Structures,” 2016, £56,000.
- Principal Investigator of Internal Research Grant, Mojtaba Ghodsi, “Structural Vibration Control Using Magnetostrictive Actuators” 2017, £13,700.
- Investigator of External Grant- Medco Energi Company, Morteza Modammadzaheri, Mojtaba Ghodsi, “A Vibration-Based of Flowline & Headline Integrity Identification”, 2019, £60,700.
- Investigator of TRC Project, Amur-Al-Yahmadi, Mojtaba Ghodsi, “Optimization-Based Prediction of Human Gait,” The Research Council of Oman, 2015, £219,000.
- Investigator of Internal Research Grant, Khorshid Alam, Mojtaba Ghodsi, “Experimental and Numerical Investigation of Bone Drilling”, 2016, £15,600.
- Investigator of Internal Research Grant, Issam Bahadur, Mojtaba Ghodsi, “A Mercury-Free, Piezo-Assisted Micro-Cutter for Embryo Biopsy,” 2016, £15,600.
- Principal Investigator of JSPS Post-doctoral grant, Mojtaba Ghodsi, “Development of actuator and sensor using high-temperature superconductor and magnetostrictive materials” 2007, Tokyo University, 22000 USD.