Dr Murphy Wan
Dr Murphy Wan is a Senior Lecturer in Biomedical Sciences within the School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences at University of Portsmouth.
Her current research focuses largely on discovery of novel therapies for infectious diseases or cancer, through understanding of the complex interplay between diet/pathogens, immune system as well as gut microbiome. Her projects involve integration of different molecular approaches and omics technologies for in-depth investigation of disease mechanisms and discoveries of novel biomarkers that can be translated in future clinical settings.
Her current research projects include:
- development of colon-targeted delivery approach for colon cancer
- exploring the potential of natural compounds as novel cancer therapeutics
- investigating the immunological potential of molecules excreted from bacteria and their potential therapeutic effects in human diseases
More information can be found at https://www.mwanlab.com/
Dr Murphy Wan welcomes MRes and PhD students. Please email email@example.com to discuss further.
1. Discovery and development of novel therapies against infection, inflammatory diseases and cancer;
2. Exploring how the microbiota affect host immunity to diseases;
3. Emphasis on integration of different omics technologies for in-depth investigation of disease mechanisms and discoveries of novel biomarkers.