Miss Sophie Hanspal
I am a Senior Teaching Fellow at the Institute of Criminal Justice Studies specialising in Criminology and Criminal Justice.
My research interests are wide-ranging due to my background experience. My areas of interest are as follows:
- The development and application of criminological theory
- Collection and analysis of Quantitative Data
- Child Protection (including physical abuse, sexual abuse, emotional abuse and neglect)
- Honour-based violence
- Race, ethnicity and crime
- Family and society
- Student engagement and learning in Higher Education
Currently, I am working on a book chapter that aims to focus specifically on the changes made to stop and search data collection in order to underline the ongoing gap in the data concerning religious background.
- Level 4: Understanding Criminology (Module Coordinator)
- Level 4: Essential Skills for Criminologists
- Level 4: Criminal Justice
- Level 4: Crime & Society (Module Coordinator)
- Level 5: Questioning Criminology
- Level 6: Contemporary Criminologies
As well as acting as seminar tutor on all of the modules listed above, I am also a Personal Tutor to several Level 4, 5 and 6 students. I also supervise students on Placements.