Mr Thomas Williams
I joined the department of Sport, Health and Exercise Science in 2016 as a part time PhD student, Teaching Fellow, and Research Assistant. Since 2021 I have been working as a Lecturer in Sport and Exercise Physiology. Prior to arriving in Portsmouth I completed a BSc in Sport and Exercise Science and an MSc in Sports Physiology at the University of Chester.
I am a member of the Extreme Environments Research Group. My current research focuses on the physiological responses to extreme environments (e.g. hypoxia, heat, cold). I am particualrly interested in exploring the mechansisms that determine cogntive performance in resposnse to environmental stress.
I teach on a variety of undergraduate modules in the area of Physiology.
- M30064: Introduction to Sport and Exercise Physiology (Module Coordinator)
- M30074: Exercise in Different Environments
- M30090: Environmental Physiology
- m32195: Adavaced Topics in Skill Aquisition
- Undergraduate and MSc level research projects