Global Fashion and Covid-19
A Conversation organized by the Democratic Citizenship Theme of the University of Portsmouth for the University’s Fashion Revolution Week, held each year to commemorate the Rana Plaza Factory Disaster. Hosted by Prof. Leïla Choukroune and Dr Hamid Foroughi and featuring a panel of guests from across the world and from academia and industry.
Research Futures: Global Fashion and Covid-19
- Prof. Leïla Choukroune, Professor of International Law and Director of the University of Portsmouth Thematic Area in Democratic Citizenship.
- Dr. Hamid Foroughi, Senior Lecturer in Management, in the Faculty of Business and Law at the University of Portsmouth, UK.
- Dr. Bhaskar Chatterjee, Director General & CEO at Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs
- Prof. Tamsin Bradley, Professor in International Development Studies in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences at the University of Portsmouth.
- Sarah Ditty, Global Policy Director at Fashion Revolution and leads the 'Trade Fair Live Fair' a European Commission funded programme.
- Dr. Vivek Soundararajan, Senior Lecturer, in Management, Strategy & Organisation at the Centre for Business, Organisations and Society at the University of Bath.
- Dr. Matthew Anderson, Senior Lecturer in Business Ethics in the Faculty of Business and Law at the University of Portsmouth.
- Isabella Liu is a Creative Industry Facilitator & Curator, Pioneering Jewellery Designer, Founder and Managing director at London Design Academy (LDA).
- Leana Hosea is a multi-media journalist with 13 years of experience working for the BBC and a Knight-Wallace Fellow at the University of Michigan.
- Sebastian Devaraj is the Executive Trustee of FEDINA. FFEDINA was established in 1983 with the objective of empowering the marginalised, the oppressed and the poorest of the poor to demand their rights in India.
- Dr Harpreet Kaur, leader of a regional project to promote responsible business practices through regional partnerships in Asia at the UNDP’s Regional Bureau of Asia and the Pacific.
- Dr. Sutirtha Sahariah is an independent researcher and consultant. Currently serving as the senior vice president and head of communication for India's largest sanitation NGO, Sulabh International.
- Dr. Sanchita Banerjee Saxena is the Executive Director of the Institute for South Asia Studies; and Director at the Subir and Malini Chowdhury Center for Bangladesh Studies, UC Berkley.
- Salil Tripathi is senior adviser in global issues at the Institute for Human Rights and Business.
- Dr. Ramani Garimella, Professor of International Law at South Asian University, New Delhi.