Managing your Money
Taking responsibility for your finances is a big step but our Student Finance Centre is here to guide you
When you go to uni, it's natural to have concerns about money. You might be wondering how to fund your studies or how to manage your money if it's your first time living away from home.
If you need help applying for funding or managing your finances at uni, our Student Finance Centre provides expert advice and guidance on money-related issues.
We're available Monday to Friday, all year round. We're here for you from when you start thinking about coming to uni to when you graduate.
How we support you
The team includes advisers who are members of the Institute of Money Advisers and the National Association of Student Money Advisers.
Everything you tell us will be kept in the strictest confidence and we'll always put your needs and interests first.
Services you can use include:
- Information about student loans and bursaries (including the maintenance loan and the University bursary)
- Support with funding applications
- Liaising with Student Finance England and help with appeals
- Money management and budgeting advice
- State benefit entitlement advice
- Information about student loan repayments
- Funding for further study
- Specialist advice in areas such as dealing with debt
Funding for students experiencing financial difficulty
If you experience financial difficulties during your studies, we'll support you in planning a way forward.
There's also a generous University Support Fund to help you if you experience financial difficulties while studying.
Undergraduate fees and student finance
Read our guide to undergraduate student finance & learn about tuition fees, student loans, scholarships bursaries, support for disabled students and more.
Funding your research degree
Find out how you can fund your postgraduate research project, with options including loans, bursaries, and scholarships.