female student from Spain in business wear browsing a folder

Applying from Spain?

Here's all the information you need to study with us

If you’re from Spain and interested in studying in the UK, the University of Portsmouth is a great place to fulfil your ambitions. And if you’re ready to take the next step, we’re ready to help you get here.

On this page, you'll find information about where you can meet us in your region, what you need to do to apply for a course with us and contact details for our people in your area.

Entry requirements for students from Spain

If you're joining us from Spain, the entry requirements you need to meet will depend on the course you want to study.

We consider all applications we receive. However, to make sure you get the most out of your time studying with us and have the best chance of applying successfully, we recommend the following minimum qualifications:

Undergraduate courses

If you've completed the Titulo de Bachillerato with a grade of 7 or above, we'll consider you for admission onto an undergraduate course such as a Bachelor's degree. You must have studied relevant subjects and achieved strong grades.

You can also apply with:

A levels

  • Please check your specific course page to find the exact number of points needed. Your A level grades should equal or exceed the total points required. You can use the UCAS Tariff Calculator to work out your total points.
  • Some courses will require you to have studied specific subjects at A level. For example, to study a science course you will usually need to have achieved passing grades in scientific subjects at A level.
  • A level points: A* = 56 A = 48 B = 40 C = 32 D = 24.

International Baccalaureate

  • Most courses will require between 24 and 31 points in the International Baccalaureate (IB), depending on the degree you apply for.

If you have a High National Diploma (HND) or Higher Diploma you can apply for advanced entry onto a relevant undergraduate programme.

You may be able to join an undergraduate course with other qualifications. We do consider qualifications from a range of sources. Contact us to find out more.

Postgraduate courses

For entry to our postgraduate Master's programmes, you'll usually need to have Bachelor's degree with a grade between 6 and 7, from a recognised Higher Education institution.

Many of our other postgraduate courses will ask for relevant work experience, and some will require you to have studied relevant subjects. Please see our courses for more details.

If you don't meet the postgraduate entry requirements, you can do a pre-Master's programme at International College Portsmouth (ICP) for many of our courses.


We'll consider you for a PhD if you have a good Master’s degree and submit a research proposal.

Find a PhD

English language requirements

When you join us, it’s important that you can speak and understand English to the level that your course requires. The specific English language requirements will be on your chosen course page.

We accept IELTS, IGCSE and several other certificates, but don’t worry if you're currently short of the standard required – we offer English Language Programmes that will get you to the necessary level.

We accept English from the Titulo de Bachillerato. You will need to achieve a minimum score of 9 (equivalent to IELTS 6.0), although this will vary depending on your chosen course.

What to do next

Ready to start your adventure with us? Whether you know which degree course you want to do or not, get in touch with us now or meet us at an event near you to discuss your next steps.

Our Global Officers are experts in helping students from Spain, like you, to apply to join us. Whatever you want to know, just ask.

Fees and EU Scholarship

Due to the UK leaving the European Union, changes have been made to the tuition fees that EU, EEA and Swiss nationals will pay to study in the UK. You can find information about the tuition fees you’ll need to pay and the EU Scholarship for students joining us in 2023/24 and beyond on the Tuition fees and scholarships for EU students page.

Representatives and agents

If you want to learn more about studying with us or you want help with your application, contact one of our official representatives in Spain:

Agents in Spain

OK Estudiante

Calle Gran Vía, 55, 9ºB,
28013 Madrid, Spain

Tel: (+34) 91-547-1155

Website: okestudiante.es 

Uniworld Study Abroad Advising Centre

Email: info@uniworlduk.com
Website: uniworlduk.es


Email: consultas@klensein.com 


Calle Parque 2,
4'dcha Oficina 7
Huesca 22002  

Contact: Ms Kathryn Abell

Tel: 0034 604 359 957
Email: info@edukonexion.com

Website: edukonexion.com

Connectors Plus

Rúa García Olloqui, 4
36201 Vigo

Tel: (+34) 986 093 396
Email: hello@connectors-plus.com

Website: connectors-plus.com

OK Estudiante Sevilla

EDF Cristal
Avenida Luís Montoto
107 Portal A - 4 Planta
H 41018 - Sevilla

Website: https://okestudiante.es


Events in Spain

We don't have any current events planned in Spain, but we do plan regular events so check back here often for more information.

You can also contact our staff for support, or speak to an agent in your region for more assistance.