JOIN US LIVE 5-9 June 2023
Tune in for webinars on Master's, PhD's, funding, flexible study, subject tasters and more
Join us at our Virtual Postgrad Festival to hear about Master’s and PhD study at Portsmouth, from a range of Course Leaders, Researchers and expert support teams.
Webinars will offer a broad overview of a course or subject area. If you have specific questions in relation to your application, please contact email@example.com if you're a UK student, or firstname.lastname@example.org if you're an International student.
All webinars will be delivered virtually via Zoom. You can see the full schedule below. *Session timeslots are subject to change.
Sign up now to save your place.
Monday 5 June
- 12.00pm: Flexible PhD study | We'll introduce flexible PhD study options with a focus on the support we offer to part-time and distance learning students.
- 12.30pm: Strategic and Management Master’s Courses | Join a selection of course leaders to learn about our suite of courses applicable to those in Management or aspiring to more senior roles within their organisations. Courses represented; MSc Human Resource Management, MSc Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship, MSc International Human Resource Management, MSc Risk, Crisis and Resilience Management, MSc Strategic Quality Management.
- 1.00pm: Master’s Level Degree Apprenticeships | We'll showcase our range of Level 7 Degree Apprenticeships that typically require you to study one day a week. This session aims to help you determine if this alternative route for studying your Master's degree is the best fit for you.
- 1.30pm: Work-based Master’s study | Our work-based degrees allow you to tailor your degree based on your professional needs and work projects. This session will demonstrate how this alternative route to achieving your goals could help you get your degree quicker than you thought.
Tuesday 6 June
- 12.00pm: MSc Logistics and Supply Chain Management | Logistics modelling in a changing world. New systems and software. Hear from the Course Leader and ask your questions.
- 12.30pm: MSc Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning | How machines really learn. AI and big data in business. Hear from the Course Leader and ask your questions.
- 1.00pm: Engineering Master's Courses | Join a selection of Engineering Course Leaders who'll introduce our suite of Master's programmes based in Mechanical, Design, and Civil Engineering, before opening up for your questions. Courses represented; MSc Advanced Manufacturing, MSc Biomedical Engineering, MSc Mechanical Engineering, MSc Engineering Management, MSc Water and Environmental Engineering, MSc Civil Engineering.
- 1.30pm: Making a successful PhD application and research proposal | We’ll introduce our research degree programmes, and share practical advice for writing a research proposal.
Wednesday 7 June
- 12.00pm: Criminal Justice Master's Courses | Meet the Course Leader, Gary Dalton who'll start with an overview of the courses, before opening up for your questions. Courses represented: Cyber-crime, Psychology, International Criminal Justice, Intelligence, Economic Crime, Forensic Investigation, Terrorism and Security with options for full-time, part-time and distance learning.
- 12.30pm: Education and Educational Leadership Master's Courses | Meet the Course Leader, David Mather who'll start with an overview of the courses, before opening up for your questions.
- 1.00pm: MA Translation Studies | Join the Course Leader, Dr Begoña Rodríguez de Céspedes to hear about the rise in demand for speakers of other languages and translators across all industries, and learn about what this course offers.
- 1.30pm: Funding your postgrad study | A must to make sure you’re in the know about available funding options, as well as application and repayment processes.
Thursday 8 June
- 12.00pm: MSc Applied Aquatic Biology | Join Course Leader Dr Fran Cabada-Blanco as she explores the MSc programme, as well as the exciting research and career opportunities the course can open up for students.
- 12.30pm: Distance Learning Master’s Courses | We'll introduce our portfolio of distance learning Master's courses and share with you some of the benefits of studying remotely, as and when it's convenient to you.
- 1.00pm: Environment, Geography and Geosciences Master's Courses | Join Course Leaders from the School of Environment, Geography and Geosciences to hear about this growing industry and the importance of sustainable practices. Courses represented in this session include; MSc Geographical Information Systems, MSc Coastal and Marine Resource Management, MSc Engineering Geology, MSc Geological and Environmental Hazards, MSc Crisis and Disaster Management, MSc Environmental Geology and Land Contamination.
- 1.30pm: Professional Doctorates at Portsmouth | Our Graduate School will explain everything you need to know about doing a Prof Doc - Who are they for, how do they work, combining your research and your work, how to apply and much more.
Friday 9 June
- 12.00pm: How to make your creative portfolio and interview have impact | Our Recruitment Team will talk you through all you need to know if you're applying to one of our Creative Master's courses. Highlighting key deadlines and considerations to ensure you present yourself and your portfolio to make them stand out.
- 12.30pm: Funding your postgrad study | A must to make sure you’re in the know about available funding options, as well as application and repayment processes.
- 1.00pm: Authentic Academic Fashion Practice | Join the Course Leader, Karen Ryan to explore and contextualise a range of authentic, diverse, and inclusive, academic, creative, and industry-rich fashion resources. From The Business of Fashion, to Fashion Workie, to Heuritech to Tag Walk, to Vogue to WGSN.
- 1.30pm: MA Architecture Pathways | Representatives from the School or Architecture will talk you through the range of pathways on offer with our MA Architecture: Building and Heritage Conservation | Landscape and Urban Design | Spatial Design Practices, before opening up for your questions.