Positive workforce wellbeing in education is not only ethically essential but also key to ensuring institutions thrive. If you're new to senior leadership in an educational setting, such as a school, college or university, this short course will help you hit the ground running in terms of creating a sense of wellbeing within your team. This course is also ideal preparation if you're looking to progress to a position in educational leadership.
Over two and a half days, you'll investigate the theory and develop contemporary approaches to enabling a positive culture of wellbeing in your organisation. You'll learn how team wellbeing is pivotal to greater staff retention, development, positivity and attitude. You'll also explore educational leadership and management, organisation, HR and policy in order to round out your skillset and lead successfully within your institution.
You'll be taught by educational specialists from our Centre for Continuing Professional Development, who bring experience as teachers and managers, as well as published works relating to standards and quality.
Once you complete the course, you'll be empowered to take on your leadership role with confidence, ready to lead, inspire and support your team to work to the best of their abilities.
- Enabling wellbeing within your organisation
- Reflective leadership
- Active listening and emotional literacy in action
- Strategies and techniques for workforce wellbeing
This course is delivered by our Centre for Continuing Professional Development (CCPD).
The Centre offers specialist subject and English language study for those interested in career development opportunities in the UK.
CCPD's courses are designed to develop professional skills and enable career opportunities. All courses are fully supported by our dedicated CCPD team and led by experts in their fields.
- Mode of study: On campus
- Duration: 2.5 days
- Start date: November 2023, November 2024
- £350, including one night's accommodation in a University hall of residence
What you'll experience
On this short course, you'll:
- take part in face-to-face workshops, and use reflective learning and online resources to
develop the skills, attributes and confidence of an influential leader
- enhance your understanding of wellbeing in the context of leading within your institution
- ensure you're prepared for your senior role by also focusing on educational leadership, organisation and policy
- gain valuable transferable skills including organisation, policy planning and HR knowledge
- be able to use what you learn to manage and support your team within a positive working environment
- stay overnight at a University hall of residence (included in the price of the course). You'll be expected to arrange your own accommodation for additional nights if required. We can make suggestions based on local knowledge.
An honours degree, or equivalent, in a relevant subject or a master's degree in an appropriate subject. Exceptionally, equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications will be considered.
Applicants must be recently (circa 3 years) promoted to a leadership or senior management position in an education institution.
English language requirements
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.