At a glance: facts and figures
The numbers that begin to tell our story
Whether you're thinking of studying, working or collaborating with us, these are the facts and figures that tell the story of who we are and what we've achieved.
There's plenty more to discover beyond our rankings and statistics: visit our Why Portsmouth pages to take a closer look at what student life in the city is like, and explore our latest research work too.
… And that's not all
- 82%: the percentage of our graduates in professional/managerial level roles
- £23,800: the average salary for our graduates, six months after graduating
- 1 in 4: we were one of only four universities in the south east to receive the highest 'Gold' rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework
- 45-55: our ratio of female and male students
- £5.9 million: the amount offered each year in bursaries and hardship funds to our students
- 1869: the date of our earliest incarnation