6 December 2023 | Book now
Explore Business and Law at our Taster Afternoon
Gain the expertise and entrepreneurial flair to influence local and global economies. Make lasting positive impacts on legal systems, societies and the lives of individuals.
Exciting and rewarding opportunities await you with a degree in Business and Law. Across dynamic careers and industries.
Save your place at a Business and Law Taster Afternoons on 6 December 2023 or 13 March 2024 to explore it all, including Accounting, Economics, Marketing and Enterprise courses, placement opportunities and life as student at Portsmouth.
At our Business and Law Taster Afternoon
get ready to:
Find out what it's like to study a range of Business and Law courses at degree level
Explore our Technology Enhanced Active Learning suite, replica courtroom and Business Simulation Suite
- Uncover links to industry and routes to kick-start your exciting career
- Hear from current students about their learning experiences
- Pick and choose what you’d like to get involved in, with workshops covering trading, social media marketing and setting up a mock business
- Speak to lecturers and academics who are paving the way for future and emerging technologies
- Gain useful experience and demonstrations which you can talk about on your UCAS personal statement
- Discover how placements can enhance your studies
Discover Business and Law courses
Taster Day location and meeting point
Check in opens from 12.45pm at Richmond Building, Portland St, Portsmouth PO1 3DE. Look out for our students in purple T-shirts who'll help direct you.
If you're arriving by coach or minibus, we recommend parking on Museum Road, Portsmouth which is just outside of Ravelin Sports Centre.
For more information on checking in and how to get here, take a look at our guide to taster days page.
Taster Afternoon Programme
Here's what's coming up at our Business and Law Taster.*
Business and Law Taster Afternoon
We can't wait to meet you. You can check in from 12.45pm, grab a refreshment and get ready to learn about studying your favourite subjects at uni.
Here's our guide to subject taster days, should you want to learn a little more about our taster days before booking.
We'll meet at Richmond Building, Portland Street, Portsmouth, PO1 3DE.
Exciting routes into Business and Law await you; whether you're interested in Economics, Marketing or exploring Law, it all starts with a degree in the Faculty.
You'll learn about how degrees work, careers on offer and the range of opportunities at the University of Portsmouth.
**Pick to attend 1 of the following sessions during Seminar A (as you book your place).
- Economics – Trading in a Market
Experience a pit market as you trade your way to the top and learn how Economics can predict human behaviour
- Business Management: Nothing vanilla about this ice cream parlour!
See if you can mix just the right business ingredients to launch a new ice cream business in Portsmouth
- Law – In the Courtroom – Experience Discrimination Law in Action
Join us in our replica courtroom as we look at discrimination and legal protection
- Marketing – Get Social Media Savvy: Transforming Likes into Marketing Success
Unlock the power of social media and look at the trends, strategies and techniques to turn social media engagement into marketing triumphs
Grab a drink as you take stock of your first part of the afternoon's taster.
*Pick to attend 1 of the following sessions during Seminar B (as you book your place).
- Accounting – Monopoly Money Mafia: The Art of Money Laundering
You'll work as part of a gang competing against each other to see who can launder the most illegal (Monopoly) money
- Enterprise: Got what it takes to be a successful entrepreneur?
Help a local business adapt to new conditions to see if you have what it takes to be a successful entrepreneur
- Law – Exploring Human Rights Around the World
Join this seminar discussing the cultural and geopolitical dimensions of human rights across the world
- Marketing – Game On: Inspiring social change
Embark on a journey exploring the fusion of gamification and marketing for social good
You'll learn about your next steps into studying a degree in Business and Law.
The floor is yours to ask your questions to lecturers and current students - you can ask our team about anything, from subjects, the city of Portsmouth, moving away from home - whatever you want to know about uni.
* Sessions may be subject to change