Criminology Taster Days
Where there's civilisation, there's crime. It's a global concern, both on a local and international scale.
Studying a Criminology degree means looking at the deep lying reasons behind criminal behaviour. What social and psychological factors motivate their actions? What are the effects of crime on people and communities?
It also means considering ways of identifying and preventing crime using techniques from forensics to cyber technology. It means you, tackling one of society's biggest challenges.
Up to the challenge? Discover the fascinating and complex world of Criminology through our virtual tasters and see why we're leading the way in Criminology studies at Portsmouth.
We run taster days throughout the year. Our next events are scheduled for January 2022. We hope these events will be both on campus and virtually, but we'll be able to confirm that soon. If you'd like to be added to our mailing list, please get in touch.
At our Criminology tasters, you’ll:
- Find out what it’s like to study Criminology, Forensic Studies, and Criminal Justice at degree level
- Be the judge and the jury in discussing and solving a real Crown Court case
- Watch talks on why people offend, COVID-19 and the new challenges of cybercrime, using forensics to save the world's most-trafficked animal, how to use insects to explore circumstances surrounding death and using simulated environments to understand burglar behaviour
- Hear from current students about their active learning experiences
- Discover our links to industry and get ready to follow our previous students into graduate jobs in the fields of law enforcement, probation, crime rehabilitation, cybercrime, counter fraud and crime prevention
- Pick and choose what you’d like to get involved in, from a collection of online webinars, student chat and advice
Other ways to explore
No need to wait until our next taster day. Take a look at courses, explore our island city at one of our Open Days, step inside our crime scene simulation facility and read a story from a Criminology and Forensic Studies student.
Prepare for a career in law enforcement, probation, security or counter-fraud
Thinking about joining us as an undergrad? Find out more and book your spot at one of our upcoming Open Days or campus tours.
This flexible, mock crime space is key to our teaching, research and collaboration with law enforcement partners