Get in touch

If you’d like to find out more about the Centre for Blue Governance, enquire about becoming a research partner, working on funding bids, commissioning us to undertake research on your behalf, or discuss an initiative, please contact us via the form below.

For information or enquiries on hosting possibilities for visiting fellows, professors and post-docs, please email

Alternatively, you can sign up to receive our Blue Review newsletter. We’ll send news updates from the CBG, and information about activities that might be useful to those with an interest in the sustainable governance of our blue spaces, including details on conferences, events, research and opportunities to collaborate. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the e-newsletter.



The Centre for Blue Governance of the University of Portsmouth wishes to process your personal data (that is, collect, use, store and destroy data that identifies you) as part of the research centre. 

If you have any queries about the Centre for Blue Governance please contact Helen Currie on or if you have any general queries about how your data will be processed, please contact the University’s Data Protection Officer at .

We ask for your consent to process the data we ask for in this Centre for Blue Governance contact form, so that we can contact you to discuss your message. We will only share your personalised data with those within the University of Portsmouth. We will not store your data outside the EU.

Your personal data will be held securely on the University website CMS for a period of up to 3 years and securely destroyed after that date.

You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you, to restrict the use of your personal data, the right to be forgotten, the right to data portability and the right to withdraw your consent to the use of your data. For more information on these rights, please see our GDPR information on on our website or contact Helen Currie on You also have the right to lodge a complaint about the use of your personal data, initially to the University (email then to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) – more information is available at the ICO website.