An Interreg 2 Seas project
The objective of the SOLARISE project is to facilitate the deployment and adoption of solar electricity/heat generation in the 2 Seas region.
We will demonstrate the implementation of solar technologies including contemporary energy storage solutions. These will be delivered across the partnership, in both urban and rural environments, and in both domestic households (with a particular focus on low-income households) and public buildings (with a particular focus on historical buildings).
The project supports the EU target of 20 per cent energy consumption from renewable sources by 2020.
The project is funded by EU Interreg 2 Seas.
- University of Picardie Jules Verne, France
- University of Portsmouth, England
- KU Leuven Technology Campus Gent, Belgium/Flanders
- Municipality Middelburg, Netherlands
- Kamp C, Belgium/Flanders
- Brighton & Hove City Council, England
- Enercoop Nord-Pas de Calais, Picardie, France
- Flux 50, Belgium/Flanders
- Municipality Zoersel, Belgium/Flanders
- Fourmies City, France
- City of Heerhugowaard, Netherlands
- City of Middelkerke, Belgium/Flanders
Find out more
Read more about the projects we're working on, and those which we've recently completed – and find out how they're making a difference.
From enzyme innovation to observing the cosmos, discover where our research takes place.