Developing our campus
We are investing £400 million over 10 years into our campus, in Portsmouth’s city centre, to create world class facilities to enable innovation in learning, teaching and research for the future.
Our Estate Masterplan includes constructing new landmark buildings, refurbishing existing facilities and creating new public spaces in order to support our strategy to deliver globally recognised research, be sustainable and create a vibrant experience for our communities.
- Provide spaces to promote and facilitate collaboration, creativity and innovation among staff and students and enable community engagement to facilitate lifelong learning
- Embed principles of flexibility and provide space for expansion and growth
- Ensure economic, social and environmental sustainability
- Provide spaces for display and exhibitions, enhancing the visual identity within the City
- Improve the connectivity across our campus, creating safe, active and attractive routes
- Consider materials, furniture, lighting and art to create a cohesive public realm
To learn more, download our Estate Masterplan
Opening 2021 for students, staff and Portsmouth with an 'outstanding' rating from BREEAM UK
We're building a new sports facility for our students, staff and the local community. Located at the junction of Cambridge Road and Museum Road in Old Portsmouth, the building is designed to look like a pavilion and will connect with the historic Ravelin Park.
The new sports facility will include:
- 8 court sports hall
- 8 lane 25m swimming pool
- Fitness suite and multi-purpose studios
- Squash courts
- Ski simulator
- Climbing wall
- Teaching facilities
- Underground car park
Swimmers will have views from the pool of the natural green spaces outside, creating the feeling of open-air swimming in the park. The climbing wall, rising up through the centre of the building, will give climbers stunning views of the other facilities across the centre.
Designed to be one of the UK’s greenest sports facilities, the building aims to create new standards for sustainability and energy efficiency. The design received an ‘Outstanding’ rating from BREEAM UK, the world’s leading sustainability assessment for buildings.
As part of this project, we will also make improvements to Ravelin Park by adding new pathways and an urban orchard.
We're investing £100 million - our largest ever investment - in a new city landmark
The building will be a northern gateway to our city centre campus on the site of Portsmouth's 19th century Victoria Park
This outstanding sustainable and environmentally responsible building will bring together the Faculty of Business and Law with the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences. It will provide some of the largest teaching spaces on campus.
The academic workspaces are focused around two triple-height atriums – the Park Room and the City Room – each with a large ocular window with fantastic views out to the park, city and the sea.
The new academic building will include:
- 250-seat and 500-seat lecture theatres
- Two 150-seat flat classrooms
- Court room, laboratories and a video production suite
- Ground floor events and exhibition space
- Offices and meeting rooms
- Roof terrace and restaurant