Environmental chemistry focuses on the presence and impact of chemicals in soil, surface water and groundwater. The more we understand about the environmental impacts of these chemicals, the better we can develop tools and strategies to minimise and remove their harms.
Our Environmental Chemistry Analysis Laboratory (ECAL) allows students, researchers and businesses to identify and analyse chemicals and biochemicals in air, soil and water.
Our equipment can identify and analyse substances including:
- Carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen and sulphur
- Elemental analysis including metals
- Chlorophyll and pheophytin
- Nitrate, nitrite, phosphate, dissolved silicon and ammonium
- Water quality and physico-chemical properties
- Organic compounds such as carbohydrates, lipids, proteins and nucleic acids
Equipment and rooms
- EquSEAL Analytical QuAAtro autoanalyser
- Spectror competitive aroblue Inductively Coupled Plasma Atomic Emission Spectrometer
- Thermo Flash 2000 Carbon Hydrogen Nitrogen and Sulphur analyser
- Trilogy Fluorometer
- Conductivity, temperature and depth Sondes
- Agilent Gas Chromatography and Mass Spectrometer
- Agilent 6400 series Triple Quad Liquid Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry
- MARS Microwave Assisted Digester
If you're from a business, university or other organisation and would like to use our analytical chemistry and consultancy services, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
Where to find us
Environmental Chemistry Analysis Lab