Life Drawing Studio
Life drawing is the art of drawing a living person, and our Life Drawing Studio is a space for students, academics and the public to practice their drawing skills for their coursework, projects, or as a hobby.
The studio is often used by students in our games animation and illustration courses to practice their still life and life drawing skills, and to study physiology. Our experienced drawing teachers guide students in their drawing modules, working individually and in teams within the space. Students are also able to order specific materials ahead of time for their classes and sessions.
Our studio is open till midnight 3 nights a week during certain periods and bookable by students to work unsupervised. Our skills tutors offer sessions for students of differing levels of expertise, and also run evening drawing classes open to the public.
- 20 canvas easels — to run maximum classes of 20 students at a time
- elevated platform — for our subjects to be easily viewable
- supplied charcoal pencils, chalk — for students and the public to use, free of charge
- a full skeleton and an assortment of bones — for practising bone structure and body mechanics
- overhead artificial lights and large open windows with adjustable blinds — to study and draw subjects in different lighting situations
- projector used to assist drawing classes — for either guidance
- a sound system — for expressive drawing sessions
- storage drawers — for student works
Using this facility
Our studio runs on a timetable with courses and teaching taking priority. Students looking to use the space can book it through the Eldon Reception team: email@example.com.
The space is open until midnight on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday during three blocks of the 2019/20 academic year:
- 22 October to 12 December
- 7 January to 26 March
- 21 April to 4 June
Where to find us
Life Drawing Studio
Winston Churchill Avenue