Create positive change
Volunteer your time to support students, fellow alumni, and the world
As a graduate, you're uniquely placed to work with the University to make a difference in your community and in the world. You can also change the lives of students and help recent graduates launch their careers.
You can contribute to the continued success of this great University, helping to build a positive reputation by speaking about your experience and where it has taken you. It's as easy as sharing your knowledge, experience, insight, and time.
What's in it for you?
When you volunteer, you:
- Follow your passions and create positive change
- Connect with the best and brightest for your organisation or business
- Make your own career contacts and boost your CV and LinkedIn profile
- Use your knowledge and expertise to make a difference
- Connect with people who care about the same things you do
- Feel great by giving back
- Give an industry talk to a group of students and inspire student learning
- Be a mentor. Use your knowledge and experience to help students and recent grads succeed
- Share your story. Every graduate has a story and we want to tell yours. Alumni profiles can take many forms, from podcasts to posters, videos to blogs. They're a way to share your career journey, advice and insights
- Get involved with the Literacy Hub to help local children improve their reading ability
- Download the Jetsam app and document plastic waste around the world to contribute to our research into plastic pollution
- Provide a work placement for a current student and benefit from the latest knowledge and skills being taught at the University while supporting a student's future career
- Become an Alumni Ambassador.
Global Alumni Ambassadors
Global Alumni Ambassadors are important members of the Portsmouth community – the face of the University around the world. Working closely with the Global Office, Global Alumni Ambassadors play a vital role at recruitment events, providing valued advice about living and studying abroad while talking about what makes Portsmouth special. They also mentor new students coming from their country and welcome home new grads.