Be a volunteer
Graduates are the face of the University of Portsmouth.
You contribute to its continued growth and success – and to the success of the students who follow you - by speaking about your educational experience and where it has taken you. It's as easy as sharing your story, your knowledge and your time.
Through your insights and real-world perspective, you can inspire future students to come to Portsmouth, or help current students navigate a path to leadership and success.
What's in it for you?
- Provide a student placement. Hire students with relevant skills, passion and flexibility
- Give an industry talk to a group of students and inspire student learning
- Be a mentor. Use your knowledge and experience to help students and recent grads succeed
- Every graduate has a story and we want to tell yours. Alumni profiles can take many forms, from podcasts to posters, videos to blogs. Give a few hours of your time to share your career journey, your thoughts and ideas, advice and insights
- Become an alumni ambassador - find out more below
- Your university is committed to advancing environmental sustainability and equitable society. Join with other grads to create positive change, locally and globally
Alumni Ambassador Programme
Student Ambassadors and guides play an important role in the success and positive reputation of the University. In the same way, after graduation, Alumni Ambassadors inspire future students to choose Portsmouth.
Student Ambassadors are invited to join this special cohort, as are alumni who graduated in the past three years. If you're keen to talk about your great experience at Portsmouth and where it is taking you, this is the role for you.
Being an Alumni Ambassador is a great way to:
- Add volunteering hours to your CV
- Stay in touch with fellow alumni, guides and staff at the University
- Revisit the city with your travel expenses paid
Global Alumni Ambassadors
Global Alumni Ambassadors are important members of the Portsmouth volunteer community – the face of the University in communities around the world. Working closely with the Global Office and Country Leads, Global Ambassadors play a vital role at recruitment events, providing valued advice about living and studying abroad while sharing a little, or a lot, about what makes Portsmouth special. If you are interested in working closely with the University to organise alumni gatherings, welcome international graduates back home and mentor those taking their first career steps, please contact us.
You'll be asked to:
Volunteer at two events across the academic year. Alumni Ambassadors are mainly asked to support recruitment events, such as AEDs and Open Days.