Drama Equipment Loan Store
Our Drama Equipment Loan Store has free-to-borrow professional and specialist equipment for rehearsals and performances.
If you're on our Drama, Music or Performing Arts courses, you have priority access to the equipment for shooting, practice and performances on location. Some of our equipment is also available to you if you're studying in the Faculty of Creative and Cultural Industries.
You can hire a range of specialist, professional equipment for rehearsals and performances, including:
- 5 iPads — for managing the production of performances and rehearsals
- 5 portable projectors — to project media on location
- Vision mixer — to manage the audio and visuals in mixed media performances
- 3 portable PA systems — for audio projection in an setting
- 3 DSLR cameras — mainly used by drama students for recording and documenting their rehearsals and performances
- 5 Sony portable camcorders — used for documenting work, rehearsals and performances
- Wired and wireless microphones — used for live performances and musical theatre
- Musical instruments — for our musical theatre and drama students to practice and perform with
- Portable digital sound recorders — for documenting prep work and recording audio accompaniment to performances
- Headphones — for listening to playback when using camcorders and recording setups
- Lighting desks and equipment — including t-bar, smart bar and UV light setups
- Sound equipment — including the sound digital
- Mirror balls — disco ball controlled by the lighting desk
- Mic and music stands — so performers have a stable set up for their performances
- Rigging equipment — to set up production equipment on location
- Haze machine — to enhance the mood and setting of performances in studio and on-site
How to borrow equipment
To borrow equipment, you'll need to visit our office to speak with the technician or production manager. You'll have to sign a loan card for each piece of equipment listing your details, hire date, return date and the terms and conditions. You will be talked through this during Induction Week.
If you'd like to borrow a production package for a show, including lighting, sound and rigging equipment, you'll need to have a signed location agreement and risk assessment from our Faculty of Creative and Cultural Industries.