A space to create standout designs
Location: Eldon Building
Our print workshops are used primarily by Illustration and Graphic Design students, but they're open to all students from the Faculty of Creative and Cultural Industries.
Students can work individually or on collaborative pieces.
Screen printing room
Students who have completed the required induction can use our screen printing room to print materials such as illustrations, posters, or their own business cards.
Equipment and resources
- Six vacuum screen print tables — for accurate and repeated printing on paper or card stock
- 100 printing screens — including 30 screens of A1 size, 60 screens of A2 size, and two screens of A0 size
- Gemini405 laser-guided guillotine — a trimming and cutting machine used by staff to correctly size students' projects
- Industry-standard emulsions, fluids, and inks — emulsion is a thicker liquid widely used in printing processes
- Four drying racks — for drying prints on
- Two jet washing bays — for cleaning down screens when finished with
- Two processing units — used to produce digital and hand drawn designs
Screen coating room
In this room, students can transfer existing images from one print out to another, using a light-sensitive emulsion.
Equipment and amenities
- Photographic emulsion — free for students to use, this is a light-sensitive colloid of solid particles in a fluid, which is used to coat the mesh of the screens to enable the design to be transferred on to the screen
- Drying cabinet — a horizontal cabinet ideal for drying emulsion coated screens
- 2x exposure units — to expose your image so you can reproduce your design
- 2x rinsing bays — a dedicated space for rinsing screens
Printmaking and Letterpress
Use our traditional lino-printing, wood-cutting and monoprinting equipment for all your design and print needs.
Photography studios and darkrooms
Our extensive photography facilities allow students to put learning into practice and get creative using high-end professional equipment.
Our Workshops are ideal for model-making, with high-grade kit for crafting wood, metal, plastics, polyurethane, concrete and plaster works.
Where to find us
Winston Churchill Avenue