Working at Portsmouth
There's plenty to consider when you're thinking of starting somewhere new. And convincing you to join us takes a lot more than just the right salary.
We offer financial, personal and social benefits that, tallied up together, create a package that will make our people feel valued, supported and empowered. Why? Because that's how a good job should make you feel.
Want to join us? See our current vacancies.
What we offer
- Competitive salary, including incremental progression within your scale
- Contributory defined benefits pension schemes - Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) for support and research staff and Teachers Pensions for our academic staff
- Generous leave entitlement of 32-35 days a year, and an additional Christmas closure
- Family-friendly policies supporting flexible working, including childcare vouchers
- Staff discounts and loyalty schemes
- Staff car parking and discounted public travel
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Staff wellbeing programmes
- Long service awards and recognition awards, which are awarded to staff for exceptional performance
- Recreation facilities, including discounted gym membership, food on campus schemes, use of the Library and staff social activities
- Discounted learning