Support for Partnerships Staff
We provide advice and support to both University and partner staff on the development, approval, monitoring and review of collaborative arrangements, and managing the financial and contractual arrangements.
Partner Associate Lecturers
All staff delivering our collaborative courses at partner institutions are approved Partner Associate Lecturers (PALs), appropriately qualified and experienced to deliver units on specific collaborative courses.
As a Partner Associate Lecturer you can:
- access our online library services
- attend our staff development activities
- access our virtual learning environment (Moodle) if you are on one of our franchised courses
If your institution uses our Moodle virtual learning environment, you can access resources including course materials, discussion forums and blogs available to students. You should contact your University Academic Contact to access it for the first time.
Become a Partner Associate Lecturer
To apply to be considered as a Partner Associate Lecturer, please use our online application form.
Your key contacts within the University are:
- University Academic contact - point of contact for the day to day management of your provision and all academic issues
- Administrative Contact - responsible for day to day course management administration activities
- Faculty Associate Dean (Academic) - provides advice and support on quality assurance and enhancement,
Your Academic Contact and Faculty Associate Dean (Academic) work with you to maintain high standards across the course and student experience.
Staff development and training
We encourage you to develop your professional and personal skills and offer a teaching and learning consultancy service to help.
Learning and teaching consultancy
We organise staff development events designed for partner staff and we'll support you in delivering our collaborative courses. Events include workshops, seminars and conferences covering topics such as teaching and learning, online support arrangements, and assessment arrangements.
We also offer bespoke events and consultancy on topics relevant to you and your students' learning. We'll work with you to tailor these events to your needs.
Our consultancy service can help you to:
- Develop Accreditation of Prior Learning
- Develop good practice in assessment processes
- Promote Continuing Professional Development
- Write applications for Fellowship of the HE Academy
- Make student feedback more effective
- Enhance assessment practices
- Improve course design, curriculum planning, unit design / redesign and re-write courses and units of study by acting as an adviser of member of the course team
- Evaluate courses, units and student focus groups
- Respond to NSS data and forward planning
- Use effective learning and teaching using technology
- Work with external partners
- Work with international students
- Engage with peer development and review
If you're interested in attending any events or workshops or receiving learning and teaching support from our consultancy services, contact us:
Higher Education Academy Professional Recognition
We support all staff who teach or support our higher education learning and want to apply for professional recognition as a Higher Education Academy (HEA).
You can obtain HEA recognition through the APEX Programme or make an individual application directly to the Higher Education Academy (HEA). If you apply through APEX you'll need to pay half of the full fee. Partner staff can register for APEX free of charge to work towards Associate Fellowship, Fellowship or Senior Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy.
You can access workshops in our Academic Events Programme and receive guidance and individual feedback on your application from the APEX Pathway Co-ordinator for your Fellowship.