Graduation; 15th July 2019

Getting help for your child

A list of University contacts who can help you if your child is struggling

It can be worrying when you feel your child is struggling at university, especially if they're not reaching out to anyone and you're not able to be with them physically. 

We have plenty of support available to parents, guardians and supporters of our students. Here are some of the services you can contact.

Please be aware that some of these services are bound by confidentiality. This means they can only offer general advice if permission is not given by the student.

Emergency on campus 

If your child needs urgent help on campus, contact our on-site security team.

+44 (0)23 9284 3333

Support for students in halls — Residence Life Team

If you're worried about your child having problems living in our Halls of Residence. / +44(0)23 9284 3789+44(0)23 9284 4578 or +44(0)23 9284 3924

Mental health support

Student Wellbeing Service

If you feel your child needs personal, mental health and emotional support and counselling. (0)23 9284 3466

The Chaplaincy

If you need advice with health and wellbeing support as well as for faith issues, domestic abuse, marriage advice and substance abuse advice. (0)23 9284 3030

The Students' Union Advice Service

For impartial and non-judgemental support on a range of academic and university issues that can affect your child's experience. / +44 (0)23 9284 3478

Academic support

Academic Skills Unit (ASK)

If your child is struggling academically, ASK offers personalised support and one-to-one tutorials. (0)23 9284 3462 

Maths support

If your child is struggling with the Maths aspect of their studies.

Financial support — Student Finance Centre

If your child is having problems with funding or managing their money. / +44 (0)23 9284 3014

Careers support — Careers and Employability Service

If you need advice to help your child look for work, volunteering roles and graduate jobs. / +44 (0)23 9284 2684

Disability support — Additional Support and Disability Advice Centre (ASDAC)

If you're worried about your child who has a disability, medical condition or learning difference. (0)23 9284 3462