- My ongoing PhD research is examining reasons why people return to or continue to persist with crime.
- I am interested in the offending process, desistance, prisons and rehabilitation.
After completing my MSc in Criminology and Criminal Justice at University College Dublin (UCD), I went on to become a PhD candidate there and my PhD research is investigating reasons why people reoffend or persist with crime.
Prior to my appointment as Teaching Fellow at the University of Portsmouth, I spent two years working as a Teaching Assistant in the school of Sociology at UCD.
- Module coordinator for Contemporary Criminologies (Level 6) and Criminal Justice (Level 4).
- Teaching member of team taught modules across the courses offered by ICJS.
- Dissertation supervisor to undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Personal tutor to both undergraduate and postgraduate students.