I am a registered nurse with a first degree and PhD in Psychology from the University of Southampton. I have more than twenty years experience in academia combining both teaching health care professionals and research.
I joined the School of Health and Care Professions in the University of Portsmouth in August 2018. I teach psychology, research and evidence based practice to health and social care professionals. My research interests include patient, service user and carers' perceptions and experiences, especially in palliative and end-of-life care, using qualitative methodologies. I supervise undergraduate, masters and doctoral research students. .
I have research interest and experience in -
- patient, service user, family and carer experiences
- palliative and end of life care, living with complex conditions
- integration of health and social care
- communication in health and social care contexts
- qualitative research approaches
I teach research, evidence based practice and psychology to health and social care professionals to all levels.
I currently coordinate the following modules:
- U25442 - Profesional Review and Development (Professional doctorate, level 8);
- U24120 - SHCP final year project/ dissertation (BSc, level 6).