How to Make New Goals and Habits Stick?
Success does not occur by chance. According to research, happy people and high achievers share similar habits, one of which is effective goal setting. Most of us go through life drifting from one day to the next, rarely setting meaningful goals that are aligned with a vision and purpose. Most of the time, we know what makes us happy, what we'd like to try, and we have a general idea of how we'd go about it, such as becoming a baker, purchasing a new home, running a half marathon, or possibly writing a book. This wish list can be endless and ill-defined at times.
- How often do you set goals?
- How often do you revisit your goals?
- How many do you achieve?
- Do you feel that you are just drifting through life, but rarely seem to be getting anywhere worthwhile?
- What about your daily habits?
Goals and habits are two sides of the success coin. Good goals provide a sense of direction, and effective habits provide the mental discipline to achieve those goals. One without the other often leads to frustration and sometimes failure.
In this workshop, I am going to teach you how to set goals but more importantly how to turn these goals in habits, so they stick.
1. Identify the different types of goals
2. Discuss what the research indicates about Goal Setting
3. Establish a four-step process to goal setting
6. Discuss the science of habit forming
8. Establish the steps to rewire a negative habit