Waste Water: Purification, Drainage and Disposal (pm) Short course
Waste Water: Purification, Drainage and Disposal (pm)
The problem of disposing of wastewater is common to all properties. Disposal of rainwater is relatively straightforward when compared to the problems of disposing of water containing sewage and other contaminants.
This course will take place at the University of Portsmouth's environmental research facility in Petersfield. It will explore solutions for disposing of wastewater including novel wastewater treatment systems.
You will explore the environmental issues of disposing of wastewater and its treatment and gain an understanding of the theoretical nature of the subject. You'll also be able to engage in some practical work at this unique facility.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Start and end dates:
- Location: University of Portsmouth Centre for Environmental Technology, Petersfield GU32 2BY
Single bookings: £105
Multirate (3 or more courses booked at same time): £90
APC rate: £70
Apprenticeship rate: £70
Retired rate: £70
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- wastewater and the broad issues
- water quality parameters and testing
- sewage treatment
- novel wastewater treatment systems
There are no entry requirements for this course.
How to book
To receive the course multi-discount rate, please ensure you select the multi-discount option when you pay. See the courses available for multi-discount below.
To book onto and pay for this course online, please visit our online store.
Pay by invoice
Please note this method of payment is only available when no other means of payment is possible, due to the additional administration costs involved.
The following courses are eligible for the multirate discount when you book three or more courses at the same time:
- Accounting for Non-accountants
- Aerial Visual and Thermographic Applications
- Building defects and surveys (am)
- Building Defects and Surveys (pm)
- Building Regulations: An Update for Surveyors, Engineers and Architects
- Bursledon Brickworks: A History of Bricks
- Business Improvements for Organisations
- Commercial Property Taxation
- Construction Law: An Update
- Covenants and Easement: Legal and Property Issues
- Dilapidations: Law and Practice
- Effective Communication Skills
- Fire: Prevention, Design and Safety management
- Health and Safety Management: An Update
- History, Care and Repair of Timber Framed Structures
- HMS Victory: Surveying, Procurement and Restoration (am)
- HMS Victory: surveying procurement and restoration (pm)
- Introduction to Project Management
- Large Scale Urban Property Regeneration in London
- Making Sense of Commercial Contracts
- Managing Asbestos Risk
- Managing Wellbeing and Mental Health in the Workplace
- Minimum Energy Efficient Standards MEES The Impact on Property Valuation
- Party Walls: Construction, Law and Safety
- Professional Liability: An Update
- Promoting your Business through Social Media
- Property Valuation and Investment: Price, Value and Worth
- Residential surveys valuations and reports
- Residential Update Context Supply and Affordability
- Subsidence and Settlement: Surveying and Engineering Issues
- The Planning System in 2020
- Understanding the Effects of Dampness and Decay in Buildings
- Understanding Trees: Legal and Surveying Issues
- Valuation: Bank Lending
- Waste Water Purification Drainage and Disposal (am)
- Waste Water Purification Drainage and Disposal (pm)
- Waterproofing Below-ground Structures and Basements
- Working at Height
Get in touch
Find out more about this course by contacting us below.