Certificate of Credit in Health and Safety Management Short course
Certificate of Credit in Health and Safety Management
This course is perfect if you want to become a qualified health and safety practitioner, and is ideal for health and safety managers, officers and advisers, or managers with responsibility for the health and safety of your team.
You’ll study a range of health and safety topics, including technical and legal issues, and cover a framework to promote effective health and safety management in the workplace. This applied programme involves practical workplace activities and assessment so you can put your learning into practice.
The course is recognised by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health.
Once you’ve completed this course you’ll be able to progress to the our Diploma in Health, Safety and Risk Management or apply for Technical membership of the Institute of Occupations Safety and Health (TechIOSH).
In partnership with
- Duration: 9 days
- Location: Woodside Kenilworth Residential Training and Conference Centre, Glasshouse Lane, Kenilworth, CV8 2AL
- Start dates: 8 – 18 April 2019, 14 – 24 October 2019
- Make Business members: £1655 + VAT
- Non-members: £1885 + VAT
What you'll experience
On this programme you will:
- identify and assess risks in a low to medium risk setting and apply best practice management and technical controls
- identify and interpret health and safety information and investigate health and safety incidents
- recognise and understand your limitations whilst being able to apply health and safety management principles
- use the most effective means to secure information in a dynamic discipline that has a broad scope.
- appreciate how health and safety management can be understood and applied in different organisational
Modules you'll study:
Module 1 – Health & Safety Management
This module will explore the reasons for managing health and safety in organisations and will cover EU/UK legal requirements and the importance of health and safety standards. You'll also examine principles of accident causation and prevention, accident reporting and investigation, health and safety policy, risk assessment and control, and health and safety monitoring and review. Module 1 provides an overview of ISO45001 and explores best practice principles for developing and implementing safe systems of work.
Module 2 – Health & Safety Technology
You'll cover the techniques and technologies for assessing, managing and controlling a range of health and safety risks - including those associated with fire, equipment, transport, material handling, construction safety, working at height & electrical safety.
Module 3 – Occupational Health & Hygiene
This module introduces occupational health and hygiene. You'll explore the approaches used to assess, manage and control of hazards associated with chemical agents, biological agents (e.g. legionnaires disease), and physical agents (e.g. noise/vibration, radiation, thermal stress and comfort, and light). You'll consider musculoskeletal disorders and be introduced to the fundamentals of ergonomics, as well as the importance of psycho-social agents within occupational health including work-related stress and violence.
How you're assessed
You'll be assessed in each module you complete. These assignments encourage you to explore key health and safety issues in the workplace and require an applied, practical examination of key concepts and issues as well as proven background research.
How to book
Visit the Make Business website to select the dates you that are available and book a space on the course.