Minor Oral Surgery Short course
Minor Oral Surgery
In order to achieve good clinical outcomes for their patients, practitioners must keep skills and knowledge up-to-date by regularly taking part in activities that maintain and develop their competence and performance. This hands-on MOS course is aimed at GDPs wishing to practice their oral surgery skills in the supportive environment of the Dental Academy. Training will focus on the removal of fractured teeth, roots and wisdom teeth.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Duration: 6 hours, (9.00am - 4.45pm)
- Location: Dental Academy, William Beatty Building, Hampshire Terrace, Portsmouth, PO1 2QG
- Start and end dates: TBC
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll learn:
- To consider patient assessment prior to tooth removal
- To consider the equipment, instruments and materials for MOS
- To provide training in effective local anaesthesia techniques for MOS.
- To demonstrate typical flap design in MOS, root sectioning, bone removal and basic suturing techniques in a simulated environment.
- To discuss the management of complications during and after MOS procedures.
- GDC Development Outcomes – A, B, C
Latha Davda, Dentist and Clinical Director, University of Portsmouth Dental Academy.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
If you'd like more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.