Smiling students walking down street in sun

What to do if you need a VISA to study

If you're an international student in need of a visa, here's where you'll find the different types available, and how you can get yours

As an international student, you'll need a visa to study in the UK. There are a few different types of visa available from the UK government, but the type you would normally need is a Student visa.

On this visa, you can study on full-time courses as well as part-time postgraduate courses (as long as they are Level 7 or above on the UK government's Regulated Qualification Framework).

On these pages, you'll also find visa advice on extra steps you might need to take, how you can travel to other European locations on your visa, and how you can invite friends and family to visit you in the UK.

If you can't find the information you need, there are various other sources of help:

This site uses cookies. Click here to view our cookie policy message.

Accept and close