As an international student, you'll need a visa to study in the UK. There are a few different types of visa available from the UK government, but the type you would normally need is a Tier 4 (General) student visa.On this visa, you can study on full-time courses as well as part-time postgraduate courses (as long as they are Level 7 or above on the UK government's Regulated Qualification Framework).
On these pages, you'll also find visa advice on extra steps you might need to take, how you can travel to other European locations on your visa, and how you can invite friends and family to visit you in the UK.
- Tier 4 visas
- Academic Tech Approval Scheme (ATAS)
- Credibility interviews
- Visitor visas
- Graduation visas for friends and family
- Schengen visas
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
- Post-study work visas
- Visa frequently asked questions
If you can't find the information you need, there are various other sources of help:
- Contact our specialist international student team about visa advice at email@example.com or +44(0) 2392 845 121. Alternatively, see our UKVI Compliance information.
- If you are using a representative or agent to help you apply to the University of Portsmouth, they can help you with your visa application
- UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) website
- UK Government visa advice