Undiagnosed and untreated periodontal disease is one of the fastest growing areas of litigation. Clinicians need to assign a correct ‘working’ diagnosis to a periodontal patient in order to care plan effectively. They also need to understand the significance of biofilm control in the treatment of periodontal disease.
On this CPD course, you'll explore the management of patients with periodontal problems. It's designed for GDP's and DHDT's wanting a refresher, or to keep up-to-date with new developments or requirements.
This course is part of our five module Clinical Skills Refresher Programme which is aimed at clinicians who wish to update their skills or are returning from a career break. You can attend as many of the courses as you like or if you book to attend all 5 dates you will receive a discount of 10% off the total price.
Other modules in the Clinical Skills Refresher Programme:
- Mode of study: Direct
- Duration: 6 hours, (9.00am - 4.45pm)
- Location: Dental Academy, William Beatty Building, Hampshire Terrace, Portsmouth, PO1 2QG
- Start and end dates: to be confirmed
If you book all 5 Clinical Skills Refresher Programme courses together you will receive a 10% discount off the total price.
What You'll Experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- risk factors for periodontal diseases
- principles of non-surgical periodontal therapy
- the importance of dental plaque biofilms for oral and dental disease, and the motivational aspects of treatment
- treatment approaches and selection criteria for specialist referral
- periodontal treatment outcomes and long term maintenance for treated patients
- Development Outcomes A, B, C
You'll be taught by Sarah Hartridge, Dentist and Clinical Teaching Fellow (Periodontal Lead) at the University of Portsmouth Dental Academy, and Dr Marina Harris, Senior Lecturer (Periodontal Lead).
This course is for dental professionals.