B Roll shoot

Apps, online support and self-help

Expert advice from the NHS, charities and more.

You can also speak to and get help from the NHS, and organisations and charities specialising in mental health outside the University. Here are our guides and resources on different topics to help you navigate your wellbeing.

Jump to:



Mental health services and charities

If you'd like to contact local mental health services or wider support outside the university, these are good places to start: 

  • Mental Health Portsmouth - a starting point for finding help with your mental health in the Portsmouth area, including accessing NHS services
  • Mental Health London Campus a starting point for finding help with your mental health local to the London Campus in Walthamstow, including accessing NHS services
  • Kooth - free, safe, online, anonymous counselling and emotional support service for anyone aged up to 25. Access 1:1 text- based counselling sessions, 24/7 messaging service, forums, articles, journalling and goal setting features to help you take care of yourself.
  • Talking Change - refer yourself to local NHS experts for talking therapies to help with issues like anxiety, depression and low mood.
  • Student Space - expert information and advice to help you through the challenges of student life.
  • Solent Mind provides a breadth of mental health and wellbeing services in Portsmouth, including one-to-one peer support, wellbeing groups, workshops and the online teaching of practical skills for living with ongoing symptoms at Solent Recovery College.
  • Mind - a national charity supporting people with mental health
  • Young Minds - a national charity offering mental health support for young people under 25
  • SilverCloud - using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), these programmes are designed to help you improve and maintain your wellbeing.



Resources and guides

Guides and resources on different topics that can help you navigate mental health.