Architecture and surveying courses
Browse courses by subject
Architecture and surveying teaches you how to build a better, brighter future for society. As the population grows, the limitations and flaws of our buildings and infrastructure become clear. There's a growing need for people with the right skills to assess the problems ahead and find the solutions.
If you have a blend of creative flair and practical problem solving skills, you could excel in this exciting field. If you study with us, we'll work with your existing abilities and enthusiasm, and give you the practical, specialist knowledge to succeed in your career.
Whether you see yourself managing a complex construction project, or designing the perfect dream house for a client, a course in the area of architecture and surveying is what you're looking for.
Why study Architecture and Surveying?
- Previous graduates have gone on to roles in architectural design, landscape architecture, set design, building conservation and building surveying.
- You can get valuable work experience through our in-house architectural practice, the Project Office, and through placements with companies such as Kier Construction, Mott MacDonald, Dyer & Butler and Karen Millen.
You can make the course suit you with the projects available – it taught me that there are so many ways to put your own style into design and many avenues to go down with regards to careers after university.
Many of our courses are accredited by professional bodies such as the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA), the Architects Registration Board (ARB) and the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). Accreditations mean you can fast-track your career by being exempt from certain exams to gain further qualifications.
Undergraduate Architecture and Surveying courses (2019/20 entry)
- Architecture BA (Hons)
- Building Surveying (Degree Apprenticeship) BSc (Hons)
- Building Surveying BSc (Hons)
- Interior Architecture and Design BA (Hons)
- Property Development BSc (Hons)
- Quantity Surveying (Degree Apprenticeship) BSc (Hons)
- Quantity Surveying BSc (Hons)
Postgraduate Architecture and Surveying courses (2019/20 entry)
- Architecture MArch
- Building Information Management MSc
- Building Information Management PgCert
- Creative Industries MRes
- Final Examination in Professional Practice (Part 3) Architecture
- Historic Building Conservation MSc
- Interior Design MA
- Professional Design Practice MA
- Quantity Surveying MSc
- Real Estate Management MSc
- Sustainable Cities MA
- Technology MRes
- Architecture and Surveying MPhil and PhD
Still deciding what to study at university? Search for a degree from our list of subject areas to find the right course for you.
Portsmouth is a great place to live, whatever you decide to study. Hear from recent grads about why Portsmouth is one of the best student cities in the UK.