Find the healthcare and social care course for you
The world needs healthcare and social care professionals – and our courses can help start your exciting career in the field
The healthcare and social care sectors are always in need of qualified practitioners such as doctors, social workers, paramedics, dental nurses, mental health nurses, radiographers, biomedical scientists and pharmacists.
Healthcare involves treating, controlling or preventing disease, illness, injury or disability, and the care or aftercare of affected people. Social care involves giving assistance to people with daily activities in order to maintain independence and social interaction, and to protect them if they are vulnerable.
Undergraduate Health and Social Care courses
- Applied Biomedical Science (Degree Apprenticeship) BSc (Hons)
- Biomedical Science BSc (Hons)
- Biomedical Science with Human Biosciences (Dual Degree) BSc (Hons)
- Dental Hygiene and Dental Therapy BSc (Hons)
- Dental Hygiene BSc (Hons)
- Dental Nursing CertHE
- Diagnostic Radiography and Medical Imaging BSc (Hons)
- Nursing (Adult) BN (Hons)
- Nursing (Mental Health) BN (Hons)
- Operating Department Practice BSc (Hons)
- Paramedic Science BSc (Hons)
- Pharmacology BSc (Hons)
- Pharmacy MPharm (Hons)
- Social Work BSc (Hons)
Postgraduate Health and Social Care courses
- Advanced Aesthetic and Restorative Dentistry MSc (Top-Up)
- Applied Science (Learning at Work) MA/MSc
- Conscious Sedation for Dentistry PgCert
- Health Psychology MSc
- Humanities and Social Sciences MRes
- Occupational Health and Safety Management (Distance Learning) PgCert
- Occupational Health and Safety Management (Learning at Work) MA/MSc
- Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Management (Learning at Work) MSc
- Physician Associate Studies MSc
- Independent Prescribing for Pharmacists PGCert
- Professional Studies (Learning at Work) MA/MSc
- Psychology and Learning Disability MSc
- MRes Science
- Social Work MSc
- Health Sciences and Social Work MPhil and PhD
- Occupational Health and Safety Management MSc
- Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Management MSc
Why study Healthcare and Social Care?
- Our Pharmacy and Pharmacology courses are ranked number 4 in the UK (The Guardian University Guide, 2023).
- Several of our courses make you eligible to apply for registration with professional bodies. Registration is required for a role in the field, such as with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) for paramedic scientists, the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) for pharmacists, the General Dental Council (GDC) for dental care professionals, or the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) for nurses.
- Some courses are also endorsed by Skills for Care – an indicator of quality for learning and development in the adult social care sector.
- We embed the principles of the NHS Constitution in all our health and social care courses, so you'll be taught in-line with the values you'll uphold in your career.
This course will help you contribute to society in a big way -- if you care about patients then this is the course for you.
Many of our Healthcare and Social Care courses are approved or accredited by professional bodies such as the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC), the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC), the General Dental Council (GDC) and The College of Radiographers. This means you'll have the relevant skills and up-to-date knowledge to work in the healthcare sector.