Fashion, photography, graphic arts and design courses
Browse courses by subject
What can you do with a Fashion, Photography, Graphic Arts or Design degree?
Good design and a strong visual identity are integral parts of almost every major brand. Whether your medium is fashion, photography, graphic arts or design, your ability to turn thoughts and ideas into tangible products will be highly valued by employers. Graduates with the ability to communicate complex ideas with creativity and clarity are always in high demand.
When you study for a Fashion, Photography, Graphic Arts or Design degree, you'll gain the skills, knowledge and experience needed to make an impact in the industry. Our past students have gone into graduate jobs with big names in fashion like Ralph Lauren, Hugo Boss and designers like Aardman Digital – and now work as art directors, design managers, advertising creatives, practising fine artists, visual merchandisers, branding experts and textile designers.
No. 20 in the UK for film production and photography courses (The Guardian University Guide, 2022)
Undergraduate Fashion, Photography, Graphic Arts and Design courses
- Fashion and Textile Design BA (Hons)
- Graphic Design BA (Hons)
- Illustration BA (Hons)
- Photography BA (Hons)
- Illustration HNC
- Creative Media and Technology HND
- Creative Media Production HND
- Creative Computing BA (Hons)/BSc (Hons)
- Creative Computing With Foundation Year BA (Hons)/BSc (Hons)
4 reasons to study Fashion, Photography, Graphic Arts and Design with us
- Our Fashion and Textiles courses are ranked number 13 in the UK (The Guardian University Guide, 2021).
- We have industrial sewing machines, laser cutters and Lectra Modaris for digital pattern making with 3D prototyping, plus professional design software like Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Graphic Design students can take part in events like SKY Creative Day and international competitions, and achieve membership of the International Society of Typographic Designers (iSTD)
- You can exhibit your work at our annual graduate show and graduate showcases in London.
- We can help you set up your own design or fashion studio, either on your own or with fellow students.
I researched a lot of design courses before choosing Portsmouth and I am still adamant I made the right decision. The course was so varied and the balance of practical work to concept work was perfect! The tutors were very knowledgeable and passionate about design too -- which encouraged me to push myself.
Find out how you can discover the city, the University and our campus at one of our Open Days and Open Evenings.
Explore our island city and its many attractions, and find out what student life is really like at the University.