Fashion, photography, graphic arts and design courses
Browse courses by subject
Creativity is a currency in high demand. Good design and a strong visual identity are integral parts of almost every major brand. Whether your medium is fashion, photography, graphic arts or design, your ability to turn thoughts and ideas into tangible products will be highly valued by employers.
Why study Fashion, Photography, Graphic Arts and Design?
- Our graduates have gone on to work as art directors, design managers, advertising creatives, practising fine artists, visual merchandisers, branding experts and textile designers.
- Previous students have worked for big names in fashion like Ralph Lauren, Hugo Boss and designers like Aardman Digital.
- We have industrial sewing machines, laser cutters and Lectra Modaris for digital pattern making with 3D prototyping, plus professional design software like Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Graphic Design students can take part in events like SKY Creative Day and international competitions, and achieve membership of the International Society of Typographic Designers (iSTD)
- You can exhibit your work at our annual graduate show and graduate showcases in London.
- We can help you set up your own design or fashion studio, either on your own or with fellow students.
I researched a lot of design courses before choosing Portsmouth and I am still adamant I made the right decision. The course was so varied and the balance of practical work to concept work was perfect! The tutors were very knowledgeable and passionate about design too -- which encouraged me to push myself.
Undergraduate Fashion, Photography, Graphic Arts and Design courses (2019/20 entry)
- Fashion and Textile Design BA (Hons)
- Graphic Design BA (Hons)
- Illustration BA (Hons)
- Photography BA (Hons)
Still deciding what to study at university? Search for a degree from our list of subject areas to find the right course for you.
Portsmouth is a great place to live, whatever you decide to study. Hear from recent grads about why Portsmouth is one of the best student cities in the UK.