Fashion, photography, graphic arts and design courses
Browse courses by subject
What can you do with a Fashion, Photography, Graphic Arts or Design degree?
Good design and a strong visual identity are integral parts of almost every major brand. Whether your medium is fashion, photography, graphic arts or design, your ability to turn thoughts and ideas into tangible products will be highly valued by employers. Graduates with the ability to communicate complex ideas with creativity and clarity are always in high demand.
When you study for a Fashion, Photography, Graphic Arts or Design degree, you'll gain the skills, knowledge and experience needed to make an impact in the industry. Our past students have gone into graduate jobs with big names in fashion like Ralph Lauren, Hugo Boss and designers like Aardman Digital – and now work as art directors, design managers, advertising creatives, practising fine artists, visual merchandisers, branding experts and textile designers.
No.21 university in the UK (Guardian University Guide, 2020)
4 reasons to study Fashion, Photography, Graphic Arts and Design with us
- We have industrial sewing machines, laser cutters and Lectra Modaris for digital pattern making with 3D prototyping, plus professional design software like Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Graphic Design students can take part in events like SKY Creative Day and international competitions, and achieve membership of the International Society of Typographic Designers (iSTD)
- You can exhibit your work at our annual graduate show and graduate showcases in London.
- We can help you set up your own design or fashion studio, either on your own or with fellow students.
I researched a lot of design courses before choosing Portsmouth and I am still adamant I made the right decision. The course was so varied and the balance of practical work to concept work was perfect! The tutors were very knowledgeable and passionate about design too -- which encouraged me to push myself.
Undergraduate Fashion, Photography, Graphic Arts and Design courses
- Fashion and Textile Design BA (Hons)
- Graphic Design BA (Hons)
- Illustration BA (Hons)
- Photography BA (Hons)
- Creative Media and Technology HND
- Creative Computing with Foundation Year BA (Hons)/BSc (Hons)
- Creative Media Production HND
Book your place at one of our Open Days for undergraduates, and get a feel for student life in Portsmouth.
Portsmouth is a great place to live, whatever you decide to study. Hear from recent grads about why Portsmouth is one of the best student cities in the UK.