Find the film and television course for you
Learn the skills and get the qualifications you need for an ambitious role in the film or television industry
What can you do with a Film and Television degree?
The film and television industry is creative and competitive. Audience expectations are rising, technology is improving and highly-trained specialists are increasingly in demand across the industry.
Whether you see yourself behind a camera, as a media critic, or as a producer steering a film from conception to finished product, a Film and Television degree is the perfect preparation for your ideal profession.
Study for a Film or Television degree and you'll learn the knowledge and practical skills to make your mark in film and TV, gain transferrable skills like project management and critical analysis, and explore the past, present and possible future of films.
And when you graduate, you could follow our past students into jobs with major entertainment brands, including the BBC, Warner Bros, Universal Pictures International, Sky, Channel 4 and Lion TV.
for film production and photography in the UK
(Guardian University Guide, 2023)
Undergraduate Film and Television courses
- Film Studies BA (Hons)
- Film Production BA (Hons)
- Television Production BA (Hons)
- Creative Media and Technology HND
- Creative Media Production HND
Postgraduate Film and Television courses
- Creative Industries MRes
- Creative Professional Development PGCert
- Film and Television MSc
- Media and Communication MA
5 reasons to study Film and Television with us
- Depending on your chosen course, you'll get insight from published writers, and could develop skills in applied research, critical analysis, video production, marketing, film journalism, script writing, and using cameras and video editing suites.
- Do your placement year at one of our industry partners such as Disney, The Farm and NBC Universal.
- Depending on your course and the tools you use, you could earn extra qualifications such as 'Certified User of Avid Media Composer editing software'.
- Our studios have equipment including professional cameras, audio equipment, vision mixing systems and scheduling software for our television channel 'CCI TV'.
- Access our resources including 'Box of Broadcasts', the British Universities Film and Video Council's on demand TV and radio service.
I developed presentation skills which I use on-air, video editing and graphic design skills which I use to support my on-air content. If you want to develop a career in broadcasting that can lead you to a huge variety of different roles, this is the perfect course.
Several of our courses are accredited by the industry body ScreenSkills. Accreditation gives your degree the seal of approval for quality teaching, relevant skills and up-to-date knowledge.
Faculty of Creative and Cultural Industries Graduate Showcase 2022
University Open Days, tours and events
Thinking about joining us? Book your spot at one of our upcoming Open Days.
Explore our island city and its many attractions, and find out what student life is really like at the University.
Find a course by subject area
Explore our degrees by subject area. Whatever your field of interest, our courses cater to your goals and experience, from accountancy and economics to sports science. Find your course now.