Film and television courses
Browse courses by subject
What can you do with a Film and Television degree?
The film and television industry is creative and competitive. Audience expectations are rising, technology is improving and highly-trained specialists are increasingly in demand across the industry.
Whether you see yourself behind a camera, as a media critic, or as a producer steering a film from conception to finished product, a Film and Television degree is the perfect preparation for your ideal profession.
Study for a Film or Television degree and you'll learn the knowledge and practical skills to make your mark in film and TV, gain transferrable skills like project management and critical analysis, and explore the past, present and possible future of films.
And when you graduate, you could follow our past students into jobs with major entertainment brands, including the BBC, Warner Bros, Universal Pictures International, Sky, Channel 4 and Lion TV.
5 reasons to study Film and Television with us
- Depending on your chosen course, you'll get insight from published writers, and could develop skills in applied research, critical analysis, video production, marketing, film journalism, script writing, and using cameras and video editing suites.
- Do your placement year at one of our industry partners such as Disney, The Farm and NBC Universal.
- Depending on your course and the tools you use, you could earn extra qualifications such as 'Certified User of Avid Media Composer editing software'.
- Our studios have equipment including professional cameras, audio equipment, vision mixing systems and scheduling software for our television channel 'CCI TV'.
- Access our resources including 'Box of Broadcasts', the British Universities Film & Video Council's on demand TV and radio service.
I developed presentation skills which I use on-air, video editing and graphic design skills which I use to support my on-air content. If you want to develop a career in broadcasting that can lead you to a huge variety of different roles, this is the perfect course.
Several of our courses are accredited by the industry body ScreenSkills. Accreditation gives your degree the seal of approval for quality teaching, relevant skills and up-to-date knowledge.
Undergraduate Film and Television courses
- Film Studies BA (Hons)
- Film Production BA (Hons)
- Television and Broadcasting BSc (Hons)
- Creative Media and Technology
- Creative Media Production HND
Find out how you can discover the city, the University and our campus at one of our Open Days and Open Evenings.
Explore our island city and its many attractions, and find out what student life is really like at the University.