Film and television courses
Browse courses by subject
The film and television industry is creative and competitive. Audience expectations are rising, technology is improving and highly trained specialists are increasingly in demand across the industry.
Whether you see yourself behind a camera, as a media critic, or as a producer steering a film from conception to finished product, we have a course in Film and Television that will get you closer to your ideal profession. You'll learn the knowledge and practical skills to make your mark in film and TV, gain transferrable skills like project management and critical analysis, and explore the past, present and possible future of films.
Why study film and television with us?
- Depending on your chosen course, you'll get insight from published writers, and could develop skills in applied research, critical analysis, video production, marketing, film journalism, script writing, and using cameras and video editing suites.
- Do your placement year at one of our industry partners such as Disney, The Farm and NBC Universal.
- Depending on your course and the tools you use, you could earn extra qualifications such as 'Certified User of Avid Media Composer editing software'.
- Our studios have equipment including professional cameras, audio equipment, vision mixing systems and scheduling software for our television channel 'CCI TV'.
- Access our resources including 'Box of Broadcasts', the British Universities Film & Video Council's on demand TV and radio service.
- Previous graduates have gone on to work in places such as the BBC, Warner Bros, Universal Pictures International, Sky, Channel 4 and Lion TV.
I developed presentation skills which I use on-air, video editing and graphic design skills which I use to support my on-air content. If you want to develop a career in broadcasting that can lead you to a huge variety of different roles, this is the perfect course.
Several of our courses are accredited by the industry body ScreenSkills. Accreditation gives your degree the seal of approval for quality teaching, relevant skills and up-to-date knowledge.