Find the childhood youth studies and education course for you
You have the potential to help shape the lives of the next generation – and we've got the course to start your journey
What can you do with a Childhood, Youth Studies or Education degree?
A Childhood, Youth Studies and Education degree is your opportunity to study how young people learn, grow and develop, and the perfect preparation for a teaching career, or for jobs within education psychology, social work and specialist services supporting families.
And whether you have experience in childcare and education or are just starting out, our Childhood, Youth Studies and Education degrees can help you gain the knowledge and expertise you need to play your part in shaping how children and young people make sense of the world.
You'll also learn transferable skills – such as communication and problem-solving – that are highly-sought after across many other industries, and many of our previous students have graduated into related jobs such as personal tutoring and counselling.
Undergraduate Childhood, Youth studies and Education courses
- Childhood and Youth Studies BA (Hons)
- Childhood and Youth Studies with Criminology BA (Hons)
- Childhood and Youth Studies with Psychology BA (Hons)
- Early Childhood Studies BA (Hons)
- Early Childhood Studies with Psychology BA (Hons)
- Early Years Care and Education FdA
- Education Studies (Top-up) BA (Hons)
- Further Education and Training CertEd
- Learning Support FdA
Postgraduate Childhood, Youth studies and Education courses
- Education Studies MA
- Education Studies (with Professional Experience) MA
- Educational Leadership and Management (Distance Learning) (Degree Apprenticeship) MSc
- Educational Leadership and Management (with Professional Experience) MSc
- Educational Leadership and Management MSc/PgDip/PgCert
- Further Education and Training PGCE
- Innovation in Learning and Teaching MA
- Humanities and Social Sciences MRes
- PGCE Secondary courses
- PGCE Primary
- Education MPhil and PhD
- Sociology MPhil and PhD
3 reasons to study Childhood, Youth Studies and Education with us
- We've been training teachers for decades through some of the best rated courses in the country. Our Primary route into teacher training is rated 'Outstanding' by Ofsted.
- Depending on the type of teaching you want to get into, we offer different routes to Qualified Teacher Status and courses to suit your situation – whether you're already teaching, just finished college, or want to study alongside your job.
- We have many links with local schools to help you find a perfect placement or role. Over 90% of our PGCE students become full-time Primary school teachers.
University Open Days, tours and events
Thinking about joining us? Book your spot at one of our upcoming Open Days.
Explore our island city and its many attractions, and find out what student life is really like at the University.
Find a course by subject area
Explore our degrees by subject area. Whatever your field of interest, our courses cater to your goals and experience, from accountancy and economics to sports science. Find your course now.